NV add on

Dexterboyz

just got my bresser nv unit from fleabay, i have been warned though that to make it work i need an adjustable px scope? i tried it with my fix px scope and could not get anywhere near the quality focus i need! why is this? i take it i deffo need a adjustable px scope? i thought these scopes just did something to the crosshairs? what is the difference beetween the two types?

Many thanks.

Hi DB get yourself a MTC mamba Lite or a AGS SWat3x12x44 scope both with side parralax

both these scopes work well with nv add0ns.

regds brian

cheers mate i'll google em, waht does the adjustable parralax do though? will it sharpen the picture up? i thought the adjustable px just played about with the crosshairs??

The adjustable paralax feature alows you to focus the scope to the correct distance, so that if you have your eye in a slightly different place each time you shoot there will be no difference in POI. I assume the NV unit is somewhere near to x2 mag and probably much closer to the rear element than your eye would be, so if the scope is not focused to the correct range the crosshairs and image will be out of kilter. Also NV uses infrared light which has a slightly longer wavelength than visible light so it will focus at a different place. Sorry, not very well explained.

If you don't have a PA scope you can still alter the focus distance by removing the ring on the front of the scope and slowling turning the threaded front element until it is focus, I've done that with a few scopes as they were set to 100 meters and I needed them at 30 meters.

The adjustable paralax feature alows you to focus the scope to the correct distance, so that if you have your eye in a slightly different place each time you shoot there will be no difference in POI. I assume the NV unit is somewhere near to x2 mag and probably much closer to the rear element than your eye would be, so if the scope is not focused to the correct range the crosshairs and image will be out of kilter. Also NV uses infrared light which has a slightly longer wavelength than visible light so it will focus at a different place. Sorry, not very well explained.

If you don't have a PA scope you can still alter the focus distance by removing the ring on the front of the scope and slowling turning the threaded front element until it is focus, I've done that with a few scopes as they were set to 100 meters and I needed them at 30 meters.

cheers mate, that about sums it up then. :good: :good:

just tried the winding out of the end of my scope, it worked well and the picture became clear but the crosshairs were still hard to see, thanks again!!

I use a Cobra Merlin add on, and I had to buy a parallax adjustable scope to make it work. When fitted on a scope, I have to adjust the parallax until the reticule is clear. A bit of tweaking here and there gets it right.

When using the Cobra on my .243, I remove my Zenith scope and fit a Hawke one that has PA.

Steve.