Upgrading to pcp

Edward

Hi

I have a HW95k at the moment, its brilliant apart from the weight, noise and the slow loading. So I want to go to a pcp with a synthetic stock. The ones I have looked at are the ultra multishot which I really liked the size and weight. the other is the hatstand at44-10 which I wasnt able to have a touchy feely with but I liked the price alot and I belive its a webley raider. I am just curious to how many shots per fill, noise levels, quality etc

Thanks.

The 95k is great just a bit heavy and not very stealthy when reloading, the s410 is a bit out of my budget unfortuantly. one that has taken my fancy on guntrader is the brocock contour super six are these any good? I dont plan on buying for a month or two, just researching atm.

With a half decent silencer most PCPs will make less noise than the pellet whizzing through the air and striking a rabbit skull, and you'll find that if you miss you are more likely to be able to get a second, or third, shot off before it bolts.

Second hand will get you more for your money and will leave you some for filling equipment and scope.

I changed from springers a few years ago and as a main hunting tool I'd never go back, although it's nice to have a decent springer to hand as well.

Good luck

Hi

I have a HW95k at the moment, its brilliant apart from the weight, noise and the slow loading. So I want to go to a pcp with a synthetic stock. The ones I have looked at are the ultra multishot which I really liked the size and weight. the other is the hatstand at44-10 which I wasnt able to have a touchy feely with but I liked the price alot and I belive its a webley raider. I am just curious to how many shots per fill, noise levels, quality etc

I just bought the hatsan at44-10 for £225 brand new. Went out saturday night and killed my first bunny with it. I'll pm you more about it later and my thoughts on it and where I purchased it from as I'm going back to bed. Lol

There are lots of PCP out there and they are generally very good.

Easier to shoot, quicker to shoot and more accurate than Springers on the whole.

There will be VERY few situations in the field where a Springer is better suited for the job than a PCP.

There are the obvious, relatively top end units, such as the Rapid 7, HW100 and probably the AA410, but there are plenty of others that work.

Best to see if you can handle a few before deciding, and possibly worth waiting a bit and saving hard! :good::good:

It all depends on how much you want to spend. But if you have the cash go for the bigger names; Theoben, Air Arms, Daystate, weihrauch :good: Remember you have to buy filling equipment aswell as the gun! Imo you wont go wrong with an AA s410. Its not quite as pricey as some of the others but can often offer the same performance. And they look good :)

As promised my thoughts on the hatsan at44!!!

Lovely rifle and alot of gun for your money. Stock is very good only faults I would say is front end heavy and butt cheak alittle low weighs around 8lb once you mount your scope etc. Talking of scope I kitted mine out with the hawke sports hd 3x9x50 using 1inch mounts and found that could of done with being alittle higher as it only just clears the scope mount.

The mechanism is very smooth (not like the story's I read on it elsewhere on the net) no problems with the magazine rotating. Yes it is alittle noisy but I found no problems with quarry being disturbed.

I got the 22 version and I would say you get around 45 full power shots using h&n barracuda match pellets. Accuracy is very good and got groupings around the size of a five pence piece at 90ft. Used a few other pellets and was supprised it's not really overly fussy with pellets.

Also read that it's fussy with moderators (pellets clipping the mod) not really the case I bought a Logan silencer and had no problems.

All in all I would say the rifle is very well made, accurate, powerful and capable of killing quarry.

Only downside for me is the weight.

I paid £225 for the rifle, £40 for the mod, £45 silencer, £15 one inch scope mounts, £45 scope.

Rifle, mounts and moderator was from the Countrymen gun shop in exeter.

Go for it you won't go wrong.

Edited by Ghostrider1979

Thanks for you input, I have narrowed it down to the at44 and the s200 and ultra tactical ss

s200 I have to convert to 10 shot, but its light.

at44 is heavy, slightly more expensive(from my prefered dealer) but it has a sythetic stock

the ultra is light compact and has the synthetic stock, but i can only afford a single shot version.

Thanks for you input, I have narrowed it down to the at44 and the s200 and ultra tactical ss

s200 I have to convert to 10 shot, but its light.

at44 is heavy, slightly more expensive(from my prefered dealer) but it has a sythetic stock

the ultra is light compact and has the synthetic stock, but i can only afford a single shot version.

Where you from? You could get countrymen gun centre to deliver to another RFD still maybe cheaper for you! Also they sell the ultra tactical for £304 in tactical single shot.

Its just the gunshop I go to don't stock many second hand ones and I'm not keen on private sales because there is no warranty and if I am spending 350 notes I like to have a bit of warrenty.

Having said that they have just had a beautiful mk3 tx200 carbine in for quite a good price, I know it completely defeats all the reasons why I wanted a pcp but it looks so nice and when my mate had his it was oh so smooth. oh decisions lol

From what I've read you can't go wrong with a tx200 their accuracy is outstanding. Not had mine out since I tuned her up but am itching to. This may have been said before but pcp isn't really an upgrade just different to springer. A good shot with a springer will keep up with a good shot with a pcp everyday of the week especially with the tx. In saying that I love my r10 and the quietness and lack of recoil have been a revelation, Always keep a springer in reserve though.

Here she be :)

.22 ultra with a bsa vc silencer and a hawke 3-9x50 ir scope and sling off my old 95.I quite fancy a rowan multishot conversion for bunny shooing and a xtx air pressure guage then maybe get it reg'ed and a tactical stock :)

301502_10150356377138424_548518423_8524676_730331235_n.jpg

Edited by Edward