Pellets for Rapid MK1 FAC .22

Anthony

if its over 17-20 ft/lbs in my opinion there is only 1 pellet to use "bisley mag"

This is very true i spent ages looking for a pellet that did not deform as it travells down the barrel i tried about 15 different sorts untill i tried bisley mags and they work a treat.

i shoot a .22 Manatu and it does 29.8ft/lbs with bisley mags but does 33ft/lb with accupells but it literally blows them up.

• 6 months later...

I have tied many,but always come back to one,at 26ftlbs,about 880fps,crossman premier are the best in my Rapid,pigoens dead at 70yards,very flay shooting,yes can use h&n barracuda`s,at 30-40ftlbs,but there not as accurate as the premiers,they cost abit more than normal pellets but well worth it....

• 4 weeks later...

Anthony,

Currently using a Mk2 at about 30ftlbs and tried most brands. Bis Mags are great in .177 but some people do not like the trajectory in .22 unless looking at 40ftlbs or thereabouts.

H&N FT and T are good to try as they are much more accurate that Prems in my rifle. Others worth a shot (if you will forgive the pun) are:

AA fields 5.51

Daystate FT

Both have are a longer pellet than the FTT/Prem style and can, in some barrels aid stability at higher velocities.

I think it may be worth mentioning that when testing any one element of accuracy one should remove all other influences. Therefore I ensure that I "bench rest" to take away my own considerable failures in technique, choose a still day, shoot from the heart of the fill and warm up with around fifty rounds before starting the test.

Good luck. A confidence inspiring pellet is essential,

Milo.

I notice Denihow mentioning different pellets at different ME, I have a mk1 rapid coming at the end of the month, can you adjust the power on it, this one does 30ftlb at the minute, but I would like to get it down to 20-25 for lighter pellets, 30 can be a bit much for them I hear.

yes you can adjust the by turning the rear screw,but flush to action with premiers,you will get about 23ftlbs,27ish one turn in,but for premiers 24 more than enough,but i can shoot 45 shots with barracudas,then they start to drop,then load up with prems and get another couple of mags,just got a boz of 20.5grn exterminators,available from blackpool airguns,they look much better quality,try the light pellets,but you will end up using the heavy ones,will let you know how the exterminators mate.Deni...

Clubshot the guy that makes the Exterminators is sending me a free trial pot, unfortunately if I like them there isnt anyone who stocks them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info mate.

BTW, out of interest just how far down and up can you take the Rapid power wise? Im going to collect mine on the 27th I cant wait! Ill keep you posted amigo.

Clubshot the guy that makes the Exterminators is sending me a free trial pot, unfortunately if I like them there isnt anyone who stocks them :huh:

Thanks for the info mate.

BTW, out of interest just how far down and up can you take the Rapid power wise? Im going to collect mine on the 27th I cant wait! Ill keep you posted amigo.

Adamo,

BAR Stocks the full range and keeps a fair Stock.

I also do good prices Direct. www.ungunproducts.com

The time they are sent to dealers , transport cost and their cut and VAT

they become more expensive.

Some shops have stocked them, but not come back, so far.

Not forgetting the Range of Pellets around these Days , plus Gun Shops are getting smaller in space.

Mail Order Houses , can get better deals on other pellets.

Joys of making products in Expensive UK.

But as others are finding that Goods from Overseas are now jumping up as cost rise , from base metal , transport , and currency exchanges.

I am willing and able to supply more shops, but have No control over what price they charge.

I am willing and able to Send out Trial pots of 50 Exterminators if Shooters want to try them.

Please State Calibre , you wish to try.

sales@ukgunproducts.com

In .177 there are 9.50 Grain, works in All Rated Gun/s Rifles & Pistols

In .22 there is 16.00 Grain for sub 12FP Gun/s

In .22 there is 20.50 Grain for Plus 12FP , but can be fired in lower powered guns @ closer Range.

They are a different design and as many have found offer a real good smack down range.

No Skirt so no Whistle

Yes I still market Dynamics , which are made out of Tin.

Often used around water , where Lead is Banned.

Hard keeping up with All the Boards these Days.

BOB/R