Virgin Media or Sky TV

fletcher1234565

Sky. Virgin is a load of tosh, the box is painfully slow and crashes all the time and due to the right on Virgin agenda you stand no chance of getting Horse and Country (with all the gundog, shooting stuff) in your package. The broadband with Virgin might be the nuts, and the fibre optic (if you want to pay the extra) is unequaled, but if you want it mainly for the tv then it has to be Sky.

I'm currently going through a convoluted process to ensure I don't have the same provider for phone, tv and broadband as they all have you by the curlies if you decide to switch providers and all your eggs are in one basket.

I had sky+ for about 5 years and when my box started messing about Sky wanted to charge extortionate fees to fix it so we decided to go for Virgin V+ instead. Been with them for a couple of years now and still really pleased with them.

You get HD for no extra fee, if my box screws up they send me a new one free of charge and the customer services have been great - I've got 2 under 5's and remote controls seem to be more appealing than the stack of toys they've got and i've had 2 replacement remotes free of charge

I'm sure there's those with good and bad experiences with both companies but a thumbs up for Virgin here.

I've just moved from sky to virgin. After 5 years of being a loyal customer, they refussed to fit another box in my conservatory because they had to go on a roof which is more than 12% incline, to a dish they fitted. They wanted me to fork out £150 for an independent sky fitter to do the work. I told them that if they were not prepared to help a loyal customer then they can poke it. Virgin came out and fitted the extra box for free. I get all the HD channels and the best thing is, I pay less now than I did for sky

virgin tivo box is brilliant, HD channels as standard ESPN included in sports pack at no extra, on demand channels etc (on demand tv now includes some sky anytime) broadband excellent - however I'm not sure what others are paying but mine is not cheaper anymore - all my discounts have expired and they won't budge on monthly costs now which are now slightly more than I had with sky + bt+ broadband but i do have tivo and 30mb broadband so still up on the deal really

another one for virgin my mum whent to sky she had 2 nice chaps in sutes come and give her the sales bumph about a better sevice than other supliyers cheeper when in realerty less for the same price. the sky +box plays up all the time and when it came to fitting the broad band it was hears the box fit it yr self :hmm:

Edited by fruitloop

I can't fault Virgin but one thing that is winding me up is the choice of TV channels :angry:

I mainly watch stuff like national geographic, history and discovery channels, ie not soaps and guff like that, but no-one includes them in free packages. Then there's supposed to be 100's of channels, but when you see that lots of them have standard, HD and +1, and several programmes appear on 2 or even 3 channels, the choice is rather limited!

I do like the V+ box, I can record whole series at one go, then watch them when ready :good:

Got the Virgin XL TV pack, can't afford any more!

If you want the best TV it has to be SKY as they have ALL the channels.

I've been with them for a good few years and can't complain, my Sky+ HD box does NOT crash all the time, is NOT affected by any snow and the customer service has been fine. I complained about the home moving service I received and got all sorts of discounts. Apparently the Sky Anytime + is amazing for downloading series etc but unfortunately due to the BT network in my area I can't get Sky broadband but hopefully once the area is upgraded all should be fine.

I did have Virgin for a while and it was fine but their customer service was rubbish and at the time they didn't have a Sky+ equivalent (Sky leads the rest follow).

Yes their broadband is much better but you have to be in an area that has been cabled to be able to get it and that is mostly large urban areas, well not down here in my village anyway.

I don't know about pricing these days but I'm very happy with Sky.

I'm glad to say I have stopped SKY after maybe 12 years.

Too many adverts for too long; too many reasons to keep trying to find anything to watch; too expensive; too much power from subscriptions (F1), too much money for a scumbag.

I'm going home chaps, there is so much **** on SKY.

I shall be pressing the off button more and doing woodwork instead.

i am with sky and would drop it like a bad habit if i could actualy get virgin. The only channels i seem to watch are sky1 and FX (walking dead :))just as a side note be careful checking if you can get virgin tv on the internet as it 9/10 times will say you can when realy you cant get the tv just internet.

One more for Virgin. Had the XL package deal for around 3 years and no problems. Thinking about upgrading soon to their TiVo box as it increases the recording space massively. I remember looking into the Sky deals when I originally moved but Virgin was cheaper. One small negative is Virgin doesn't have as many HD channels as Sky (yet).