Which Wellingtons?

Impax

I also have a pair of sherwoods wellies but mine was about £25 ish from walking shop @ stoney middleton in derbyshire. verry good quality and verry comfortable, thers no need to pay lots of money for wellies just because they have a well known name on them, after all your only going to drag them through all the mud and **** :no:

good luck kipper

garlands neoprene lasted me about 4 months last winter ripped to bits by brambles but thats with heavy work beating and walking miles but they do keep your feet warm next pair was back to hunter galloway but i am not happy with them and these have been leaking for about 2 weeks tried a pair of 25 quid ones out of shooting times and they lasted 2 weeks i think next pair is going to be aigle parcours just because they are for walking hope these last longer than hunter

Thanks for your input and replys guys.

More or less decided on the Chameau "all tracks" they look a pretty good value.

They are the base Chameau model, no cold weather lining, but they are light weight, have a great grippy sole and come with the quality of le chameau.

A dealer not to far away has them on offer for £40.

Thanks again.

Impax.

I have worn muck boots through 2 full seasons averaged 18 miles a week for 2 years in them which is almost 2k miles they have gone between the sole and the upper. I never had a blister in them feet were never too hot or too cold. I would get a replacement pair if Hunter had not flooded the market with cheap leather boots!!

Dave

I bought a pair of the Garlands full zip neoprene boots and for the price, £79.99, they are very good, I have had boots costing a lot more than these that are no better.

I have the same they are my first pair of "propper boots" and i am well impressed i didnt think a pair of wellies could be so comfortable or warm!!!!!!

They are fairing well !! :D I've given them some serious abuse too!!! :P

I am glad to see that the Garlands boots have a few fans on here. I have just won a pair in a Sporting Gun competition. I actually don't remember entering one but I won't complain.

I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.

Cheers

Martin

SURE TREAD wellies made in portugal.

..at least 4yrs service no leaks 1000's miles walking, ribbed front & sides (like firemen wellies) in green/black steel braced soles..(never slipped/never a sore ankle..still going strong

£7.99 what!! yep £7.99

good gardening stores. :lol: beat that!! wouldn't dream of spending £40 on wellies........ :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I will post this in the correct section this time......oopppss

I could not justify spending £120 on a pair of Chameaus, so i went on Ebay last night and picked up a pair of DRIV'N' Full Zip, Calf Strap and 4mm Neoprene lined for £35.98, hopefully they will arrive early next week and i will let you know how i get on with them

Spaniel

Ive always used a pair of berghaus storm hiking boots for shooting/fishing but the goretex lining has just given up the ghost after 7 years. Decided on wellies for a change as i wont have to bother with gaitors anymore. Found a pair of muckboots on e**y for £43 including postage :good: Just waiting for them to arrive.. :drinks: