NAME IT!

"Old bessie". mind i call my guitar that aw well. i have a theory that if you give something a female name you look after it more.

Tried that but I found it doesn't do the washing up or cleaning.

:( on the up side, it doesn't take all your money & spend it on shoes that'll never be worn either :good::):):lol: :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

yep, "the ruger" (ruger 10/22) aka "the 22", "the 500" (mossberg 500 12ga), "the 600" (mossberg 600 12ga) and if i ever get the licence all also have "the marlin" (marlin 917v 17hmr) which will probably also be known as "the 17".

original names, i know, but i aint a usmc private :rolleyes::good:

though i should add, some of my friends have nicknamed the 500 "the terminator", was quite pleased with that, til i realised it was nothing to do with the amount of kills it got, but was a reference to the amount of bare metal showing through :)

Edited by babbyc1000

i didnt name it but the members of the club would ask if i had fetched `the device!` when talking of my spas12... had a another item known as `the widows` due to its grizzly history

never called a gun by a name... it would pang of an old teacher i had that called the sticks he switched you with the henreys.. "fetch henry the 4th!" echoes in my ears still

I might be mistaken here but is it not

" This is my rifle,

this is my gun.

One is for killing,

the other for fun"

Much grabbing of private parts. :good::good:

I am not sure that referring to ones nether regions as the .22 is entirely flattering :) . Personally its at least a .5 :rolleyes:.

I called my M2 a '******* useless piece of ****'! at the foreshore recently, after waiting and watching for ages crouched behind a hide for Wigeon making thier way down river. I eventually raised the gun at a group my mate put up off the water and was met with a 'click' As far as I know the bolt wasn't fully forward and the gun was fine afterwards....very frustrating.