Super Hot Chilli Seeds

Mungler

Alright, as some may know I am no stranger to chilli plants and the "The Way of the Hot".

Yes, I don't scare easy when it comes to chillis.

This year I have grown one plant; I won't bore you with the detail but I believe that I have the smallest and hottest Thai hot chilli.

The fruit is 1 to 1.5" long, bright red and the thickness of a pencil.

I have just cut one chilli in half, licked my finger and wiped my finger once over the cut / open chilli and then licked my finger again - hey, that's my own DIY scoville test.

In a word "ridiculous".

Right then, supply is limited to the first 10 serious chilli growers to PM me with their names and addresses that I can get my secretary to easily cut and paste onto an envelope - I'll send you 1 chilli fruit gratis - have a go, plant some seeds and share the love next year.

Be quick, the new franking machine has arrived at work and I'll give it some.

Yours in Chilli,

Mungler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they easy to grow? I love my chillis. Can they be grown all year round inside?

Very easy.

My plan this year:

1. Feb / March : seeds into a divided seed tray like this >one<

2. use the best seed compost you can find - I wouldn't go with B&Q own brand so instead of £4 you might be looking at spending a whole £6 on it

3. spray seed compost and seed with water - you want it damp, not wet. Stick chilli seeds in and then wrap the whole lot up in clingfilm - go round the seed tray in a continuous wrap say 6 or 7 times.

4. leave on hot bright window cill and Robert will be your mother's brother.

The only way this fails is if you make the compost wet and the seeds rot, or you make it too dry and the seeds end up dessicated.

Rather than peel off the cling film to see if the compost is of the right mositure I go by weight - pick the seed tray up and you will instantly know if it needs watering - works for any plant really.

Edited by Mungler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...