Bear hunting in B.C.

Hubertus

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know what bear tastes like and post a pic of the pelt when finished.

Hi Harry,

havent taken any meat with me because you are not allowed to bring raw meat with you.

I will make a pic of the pelt when it is ready. But probably it will need 4-5 months till it is ready said the taxidermy men.

Hubertus

Great story, you could be a new Attenborough :good: .

In answer to youre question; been going to the Frankenwald for three years now. Also go to Hessen Forst.

Hi Ruud,

im happy, that you like the pictures and the story. But its not me who have taken the pictures of the hunt only the other ones (where you can see me ;-) )have been made by me.

You go to Hessen Forst? Which Forstamt? I do quite a lot of Hunting in the autumn for Hessen Forst as hunting dogmen (driven days).

Hubertus

--------------------------

And some more pics.

That on the left side is the pelt of the bear i shot. The other one on the right side was shot by another hunter the same day but some hours later.

post-125-1148456665.jpg

We saw so many beautifl places while hunting. It was really unbevlievable. Canada is such a nice country with many water and of course a lot of waterfowl. But it was the wrong time for them. I have to go back in autumn for wildfowling :lol:

post-125-1148456772.jpg

And another lake.

post-125-1148456821.jpg

Mountains at the pacific coast.

post-125-1148456874.jpg

And some more mountains.

post-125-1148456918.jpg

Some more pics :angry:

That is some of the rain forest called wood. It is quiet wet there. Its absolutely thick.

post-125-1148634920.jpg

Some really big trees. Not sure if they were Hemlock or Spruce.

post-125-1148635017.jpg

A nice morning for stalking bear.

post-125-1148635061.jpg

The landscape there was looking quiet different on different places. Really interesting.

Here some high rocks.

post-125-1148635798.jpg

These small creeks where everywhere. Cool and fresh water. It tastes well.

post-125-1148635839.jpg

Also a nice place. It was quiet high in the mountains. Still a rest of snow.

post-125-1148635946.jpg

A VERY nice bear Hubertus :o That bear had ruled his territory for a number of years, and has the scares to prove it. Very impressive.

The trees in the picture are spruce. :P I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to our country, you picked one of the most beautiful parts to visit.

Hi NTTF,

i loved Canada now! It is so wide. Really unbelievable for an european! Im sure i wasnt there the last time. Will come back as soon as possible ;)

Hubertus

Looks absolutely amazing, superb photos Hubertus ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

And some more pics :rolleyes:

Its unbelievable where you can drive threw with a Quad. They are really superb and a lot of fun driving them.

post-125-1148722041.jpg

That is the second bear i shot. We stalked him in the rain. Was a cracking stalk. Shot at 35m. Got again a lot of adrenalin. :rolleyes:

post-125-1148722149.jpg

It was again an old male. A little bit smaller than the first one.

post-125-1148722186.jpg

Me on the left with my second bear and on the right the other german hunter with his bear.

post-125-1148722457.jpg

And same scene from the front. Look what a big neck the bear has.

post-125-1148722472.jpg

Preparing my second bear.

post-125-1148722485.jpg

Good Thread Hubertus ;) .................I hope you come back down to earth with a soft landing

Incidently are there only certain Bears you can shoot ,ie Do Age ,sex and condition have a bearing(Part to play )?..........Is there a guide to say yes or no to the shot in other words

post-125-1148722186.jpg

Must correct myself. Got some minutes ago the results of the measurement from the second bear: 19 8/16 inch. So same size as the first one.

I thought he have been smaller.

So shot two bears and both 19,5 inch. Had so much luck!

Hubertus

Good Thread Hubertus ;) .................I hope you come back down to earth with a soft landing

Incidently are there only certain Bears you can shoot ,ie Do Age ,sex and condition have a bearing(Part to play )?..........Is there a guide to say yes or no to the shot in other words

I have already landed when i come back to Germany. But it wasnt soft. It was quite hard to leave that beautiful country :o

If im right (NTTF please correct me if im wrong) you are allowed by law to shoot any bear with the exception of cubs and females with cubs. But we were looking for old male ones. As foreigner you need a guide. He tells you which bear is shootable.

What do you mean with the part to play? Dont understand it.

Hubertus

post-125-1148722186.jpg

Must correct myself. Got some minutes ago the results of the measurement from the second bear: 19 8/16 inch. So same size as the first one.

I thought he have been smaller.

So shot two bears and both 19,5 inch. Had so much luck!

Hubertus

Good Thread Hubertus :o .................I hope you come back down to earth with a soft landing

I have already landed when i come back to Germany. But it wasnt soft. It was quite hard to leave that beautiful country ;)

If im right (NTTF please correct me if im wrong) you are allowed by law to shoot any bear with the exception of cubs and females with cubs. But we were looking for old male ones. As foreigner you need a guide. He tells you which bear is shootable.

What do you mean with the part to play? Dont understand it.

Hubertus

Part to play ,Age Sex and condition being the parts ..........where the age as in Cubs and Sex as in female with cubs means you can't shoot them ............Nothing more .........Your English is alot better than my German ............In fact your English is probably alot better than mine looking at the way I'm trying to explain myself here ;):P

So i will upload the last pictures (still got some more but i have shared now the most beautiful pics in my opinion).

Bear in a tree.

post-125-1149075324.jpg

Mountains

post-125-1149075366.jpg

We got new snow over night.

post-125-1149075374.jpg

At the very far end of the valley you can see the small piece of the lake. Thats were our camp was.

post-125-1149075469.jpg

A small creek with very fresh and tasty water. I like drinking water from nature and eating fish from nature :lol:

post-125-1149075611.jpg

That is a typical place for grouse. We heard them there everywhere.

post-125-1149075662.jpg

Melt water coming down from the hills.

post-125-1149075752.jpg

THE END :oops:

Im happy that you enjoyed the pics i shared. It was really one of the best trips i have ever made. I had some really interesting hunting in a great landscape. We had some really brilliant days in the camp and while hunting. Im absolutely sure, that i havent been the last time to Canada. I love that country and will return as soon as possible. And the best is: i already got an invitation for living in a trapping hut and hunting wolves in the winter from the guide who have taken my out for bear hunting. Hopefully i have the time in winter to do that...! If i go i will take again lots of pictures and share them here :lol:

Hubertus