shooting lying down

hymax12uk

;) Hi every one

;) Last year wilst out shooting geese we set up in the middle of a stubble feild with decoy's, as their was no drainige dich .we were forced to set up the decoys and lye on our backs in the midle of the field ,we

coverd our self's in loose straw and were on the edge of the decoy patern :*) We had a good morning and came away with 3 pinks .At the same time as waiting for the geese their were loads of pigeon's flying over use, and some even came round a second time.Nearly all were in range ,but of coures we were not shooting at them.Has anybody ever shot pigeons like this ? Only draw back to this seems to be a bloody sore neck the day after :)

This is the main method of goose decoying in the states, mainly due to the huge prairy fields and lack of hedges. Geese seemingly don't have any perspective of size, so you can put a huge sit in decoy next to a regular decoy and they can't tell. I shoot 80% of my geese lying on the mud/sand or against stone dykes, your neck gets used to it the more you do it. I've also shot pigeons this way, lying in a hollow in a stubble field. ;)

Quite a few airgunners do it for rabbits. They basically attach a camo net to their back ;)

I dont even do that. If there is a certain warren needing to be got at all I do is lye in the bushes about 15yds away, out of site of the hole but i can see them as they come a little way from it. I have my gun resting in neer shooting postiion so all i do raise the scope to my eye and squese. Then its bye bye bunny :);)

Unless you miss ;):) anyway i dont see much point for rabbits etc but i see your point about on the stubble because to birds flying above you, you would stick out like a sore thumb as they say!

generally when it comes to rabbits now days i have just resorted to jeans and a camo jacket, although i have to admit i do like to get all dressed up at redstags house when out shooting, doesn't seem to help me get anythin at his house though ;)

I have done this many times.It can be very very hard to shoot straight at pigeon as they see you get up and it can take ages to get a bead on them.I have had some terrible shot to kill ratio's doing this but it can work!

It is practiced a lot for geese on the marshes where there is only mud to hide on.

I suggest you try it,if you get it right it is great. I prop myself against my rucksack so I can see without straining,with a net up to my neck.You don't want the decoys to your right if you are right handed but either in front or to your left.You must keep very still until they are very close to give you time to get sorted.Good luck,Farmageddon