Massive crash on M5

955i

would/should the rugby club have had 'safety checks' before the show could go ahead?

The show would require safety checks to ensure the safety of those attending, and those who may be effected by the event in the wider area.

The hazard that both the bonfire and the fire-work display posed to others at both the display and in the surrounding areas (including the motorway) should have been considered as part of the risk assessment process for the event. The assessments should have taken into consideration the weather conditions, and the effects of any changes in those conditions could have on the surrounding area.

How many times have you been in the outside lane sticking to the two chevron distance when all of a sudden you get some pillock undertake you and slip straight into the space between you and the car in front immediately halving your braking distance? makes my blood boil,too many inconsiderate nobs on the road.

The show would require safety checks to ensure the safety of those attending, and those who may be effected by the event in the wider area.

The hazard that both the bonfire and the fire-work display posed to others at both the display and in the surrounding areas (including the motorway) should have been considered as part of the risk assessment process for the event. The assessments should have taken into consideration the weather conditions, and the effects of any changes in those conditions could have on the surrounding area.

Well now we've got that cleared up, there will be no need for the enquiry :yp:

How many times have you been in the outside lane sticking to the two chevron distance when all of a sudden you get some pillock undertake you and slip straight into the space between you and the car in front immediately halving your braking distance? makes my blood boil,too many inconsiderate nobs on the road.

If he undertook you then there must have been room in the middle lane so why were you in the outside lane??

very bad , i did notice that the part of motorway that it happened on was also unlit , its about time all motorways had lights

Those that are lit get switched off from midnight anything like this is bad news.i use the motorway every day and to be truthfull i am surprised there aint more of it the standards and anticks they get up to.

90% of the fools are driveing german make cars why is that,

That in no way deminishes what has happened though always sad in 33 years as a driver in cars 22 as a pro i have seen it all from blow jobs to make up shaveing etc while traverling at exessive speed not in full control

If he undertook you then there must have been room in the middle lane so why were you in the outside lane??

Standard scenario

Driving on inside lane at 50mph is a line of vehicles

In lane 2 is a further line of vehicles at 70mph correctly spaced

Into lane 2 pulls a "arctic" at 51 mph to pass one doing 50mph bullying its way out with size

Traffic in lane 2 moves to lane 3 still correctly spaced, but all pull out as you know as soon as you stay in the middle one of the ****** behind will pull out and close the gap and you are stuck as following traffic sees the problem and pulls out early to avoid the crawl, leaving you to crawl at 51 (or less if they hit a hill) for miles

At this point a**h*** shoots up inside at 80mph and into too small a gap and causes chaos.

See it every day along with wagons "tailgating"

You also get the "trilby" sat in the fast lane with an under clocked spedo doing 65 and refusing to move as he is at maximum permissable speed and no one should need to pass him/her

These and other things cause the queue in the outside lane that would not exist is all complied with the rules and had some manners :mad: :mad:

Sorry guys - rant over!!

There is a logic that says once you are in a lane you stay in it. In America for example lane switching is illegal in its own right. Continually switching lanes espescially in heavy traffic greatly increases the risk of a side swipe or causing the car behind you to brake and somebody hitting him up the back. There are arguments both ways.

The rules of the road become questionable once the traffic gets heavy. On an open clear road its fine, pull out, overtake and pull back but my thinking is that in heavy bunched up traffic its just adding to the risk.

There's loads of senarios where some pillock can undertake,for instance,you pull out of lane two into lane three after seeing a vehicle wanting to overtake a slower vehicle in lane one ,so you do the right thing and move over then not being content with overtaking the vehicle in lane one he decides he's going too fast for the vehicles in lane two so puts his foot down even more and pulls into lane three,undertaking me and slotting into the nice gap I'd left between me and the vehicle in front,by the remark you posted I'll put my money on which type of driver you are,do you drive a company BMW by any chance :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by jason kaye

There's loads of senarios where some pillock can undertake,for instance,you pull out of lane two into lane three after seeing a vehicle wanting to overtake a slower vehicle in lane one ,so you do the right thing and move over then not being content with overtaking the vehicle in lane one he decides he's going too fast for the vehicles in lane two so puts his foot down even more and pulls into lane three,undertaking me and slotting into the nice gap I'd left between me and the vehicle in front,by the remark you posted I'll put my money on which type of driver you are,do you drive a company BMW by any chance :hmm: :hmm:

It was a curiosity jason not a remark. I don`t know you so i wouldn`t and have no right to question your driving.

And no i don`t drive a BMW!!

It was a curiosity jason not a remark. I don`t know you so i wouldn`t and have no right to question your driving.

And no i don`t drive a BMW!!

Sorry Muggins for my comment ,but all I was saying there's loads of scenarios to be undertaken and people trying to put their vehicles where they shouldn't, ballsing it up for everyone else and it only takes one idiot to do something like this to cause a chain reaction and ultimately a terrible accident like the one on the M5.

Edited by jason kaye

Sorry Muggins for my comment ,but all I was saying there's loads of scenarios to be undertaken and people trying to put their vehicles where they shouldn't, ballsing it up for everyone else and it only takes one idiot to do something like this to cause a chain reaction and ultimately a terrible accident like the one on the M5.

:good::good::good: