New s410

Farmer-of-the-Futre

Hey all. After the repair on my daystate air ranger i decided to trade it for a new Air Arms s410. Its a carbine sitting in a thumb-hole walnut stock in .22 if That makes any difference. But anyway just a couple of questions for you guys :P

Firstly, would you reccomend using oil or grease on the action and also on the mag? Obvisouly its a new gun and its going to be tight but there are already slight marks on the mag where it rubs as it rotates.

So what oil/ grease would you reccomend? Will a bit of 3 in 1 oil here and there do the trick to keep it running smoothly?

And also the seal that is on the 'front of the back' of the bolt (where the bolt closes against the back of the action) has come 'loose' and it is free to slide along the bolt. Should i stick a bit of glue behind it and stick it back to the bolt? Thanks in advance, Matt ;)

Hey all. After the repair on my daystate air ranger i decided to trade it for a new Air Arms s410. Its a carbine sitting in a thumb-hole walnut stock in .22 if That makes any difference. But anyway just a couple of questions for you guys :P

Firstly, would you reccomend using oil or grease on the action and also on the mag? Obvisouly its a new gun and its going to be tight but there are already slight marks on the mag where it rubs as it rotates.

So what oil/ grease would you reccomend? Will a bit of 3 in 1 oil here and there do the trick to keep it running smoothly?

And also the seal that is on the 'front of the back' of the bolt (where the bolt closes against the back of the action) has come 'loose' and it is free to slide along the bolt. Should i stick a bit of glue behind it and stick it back to the bolt? Thanks in advance, Matt ;)

Congratulations,you have bought one of the best pcp rifles on the market.

light oil only on the bolt then wipe off,a lot do strip and polish these.

the bolt will be tight for a few thousand shots and gets better as your technique does.

do not oil the mag,again you can strip and smooth it out.

The seal is fine leave it alone.

The most important thing to take care of is the bluing,oil/clean it after EVERY use as its a bit thin and prone to rust if damp or blood gets on it.

Have a look on 'air arms owners club'

Congratulations,you have bought one of the best pcp rifles on the market.

light oil only on the bolt then wipe off,a lot do strip and polish these.

the bolt will be tight for a few thousand shots and gets better as your technique does.

do not oil the mag,again you can strip and smooth it out.

The seal is fine leave it alone.

The most important thing to take care of is the bluing,oil/clean it after EVERY use as its a bit thin and prone to rust if damp or blood gets on it.

Hi mate as Vampire says very light oil,and its also a good idea to wipe an oily rag(not WD40 as this can damage the blueing) over the exposed parts BEFORE you go out this helps no end with dispersing rain/moisture before it can do any harm your gun .Good Luck

Another question :) Should i cock the gun before filling? Thats what it says in the manual but i have heard people say there is no need to do so?

First good choice in rifle! Ive got exactly the same as you! With regards the charging you'll only need to cock the gun if your charging from empty mate otherwise theres no need

Enjoy mate and safe shooting!

MogsAA

First good choice in rifle! Ive got exactly the same as you! With regards the charging you'll only need to cock the gun if your charging from empty mate otherwise theres no need

Enjoy mate and safe shooting!

MogsAA

Thank you :good: And yes. Unlike the daystae, the more i look and hadnle the s410 the more i like it :D Heres a pic

post-26043-0-62537900-1320591293.jpg

Nice looking :good:

is that the ambi stock one?

love AirArms as well, my old S300 is still my all time favourite gun, use it all the time: I might even sell my 'spare' s310 as I hardly use it, fancy a S510 twin cylinder! :blink:

Thanks ;) And no, thats the right handed stock. I don't know if its just me but i never seem to hear of, or see s300/s310 versions. They must be good if thats where the 400/410 started :)

+1 to this. The bluing on the barrel is extremely thin, so always make sure you clean any dampness off it and oil it up. I use just normal 3 in 1 gun oil on it.

Just thought i would keep you all informed. I got round to zeroing it yesterday and within about 10 shots from it shooting 3" high and 3" leftt i shot a drawing pin in half at 20 yards! Pretty happy so far. Also there is a problem with the scope. It has a ring of moisture around the edge of the scope and a slight 'fogged' patch. Ive tried leaving it in the airing cupboard and on the top of the cooker but it has not cleared. I guess it has 're-sealed' its self but i wont take it back to the gunshop as its second hand and i proberbly wont get a re-fund.

I wouldnt worry too much about the scope. Id definately take it back though as even though its 2nd hand the shop shouldnt be selling ****. If they wont change it, then dont worry. You can get perfectly good enough scopes off ebay for 30quid brand new. A lot of guys i know use the tasco cheapie ebay scopes and still get pellet on pellet at 50 yards.

I brought one today, mint condition second hand. How do I know if it's at full power? I will be shooting rabbits but want to make sure it's as powerful as it goes.

Get yourself a chrono if you dont want to take it to the shop everynow and then. Im picking one up soon its a Combro cb625 mk4. Very good bit of kit!