look at this you will drool!!

semiautolee

Erm, 'controlling numbers' aka crop protection, is the legal reason you can shoot pigeons in this country, 'good sport' is not, and if thats the only reason you're shooting pigeons you are technically in breach of the terms of the General Licence. :sly:

Dont get ''sporting shot'' and shooting for ''sport'' mixed up mate.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on girls, play nice. If you want to pick straws, go find a haystack, you obviously have no time for each other, but why drag it onto the open site? There is a difference between voicing opinions and haveing a bitch fight. :hmm:

Sometimes i just cant be ***** :no: this is one of them occasions :yes: BB

Fair point Alpha Mule :good:

Edited by Bluebarrels

I believe he knows as he is a american and his friends have been on the said shoots so I guess they told him .

Yes. I know people who go there every year in three groups. They make no pretense of the fact that the birds are not used. Many, if not most, are not even collected from the fields and cannot be found. Even though they use some local boys as retrievers, they use no dogs and it's hit or miss. Sometimes they put on a show of a dove breast roast for the group. It's silly to think that several dozen roasted doves somehow represent using the bag when they shoot thousands. I have no problem with this aspect of the sport because it is done in the name of pest control. It's just not for me.

Generally the piles of dead birds are treated as piles of vermin and disposed of as such. Think about this. Generally there is very little refrigeration available to the people who could use the birds, and the outfitter isn't carrying any around with him.