look at this you will drool!!

semiautolee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, 'controlling numbers' aka crop protection, is the legal reason you can shoot pigeons in this country, 'good sport' is not, and if thats the only reason you're shooting pigeons you are technically in breach of the terms of the General Licence. :sly:

As i have no idea why so many birds were shot i can't really comment on the pictures. If they have a (very) serious problem with pigeons regarding crops or public health then i have no problem whatsoever with how many they've killed, it would be hypocritical to think otherwise. If however the birds have been specifically bred for this kind of mass slaughter, then it's pretty disgusting.

Mark

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Always one k****** :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and who made reference to me shooting pigeons? (APART FROM YOU) so im not in breech of the "general licence" :hmm: :hmm:

And since when did the GL cover Argentina :hmm: Thats what the post is about shooting in "Argentina" or am i missing something?

I was commenting on the post,so wind it in :yes: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Always one k****** :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and who made reference to me shooting pigeons? (APART FROM YOU) so im not in breech of the "general licence" :hmm: :hmm:

And since when did the GL cover Argentina :hmm: Thats what the post is about shooting in "Argentina" or am i missing something?

I was commenting on the post,so wind it in :yes: BB

Well if you want to be a smart harris, who said anything about the GL applying to Argentina?? :rolleyes:

And yeah, silly me for thinking that someone posting on the PIGEON watch website on a thread about shooting Pigeons, might actually shoot them himself :lol:

Swing and a miss champ :good:

Edited by Breastman

am i the only one who would get stuck in then? give me two five shot 20bores witha loader and ile be happy as hell

well maybe a stogie every now and then lol

I'm with you on this one, would love a crack at something like that, wouldn't be able to move my shoulder for a day or two though, pigeons are a pest and not sporting game.

had to stop reading these posts ***, people on a pigeon shooting site saying shooting like that is no good bla bla bla, come on!!!!!!!!! what one of you would be in a feild whith pigeons that just came and came and you say

"right lads i think we should stop now coz its not right"

not one of you FACT

you'd shoot every last one and post the pic on here to gloat, (another fact)

moral high ground myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ***

had to stop reading these posts ***, people on a pigeon shooting site saying shooting like that is no good bla bla bla, come on!!!!!!!!! what one of you would be in a feild whith pigeons that just came and came and you say

not one of you FACT

Not me, I have never wanted to shoot huge bags, 100 plus once or thrice for crop protection yes, I've shot and dumped ferals when asked but for the sake of the shooting itself no. :no:

I did say I'd love the opportunity of such trips when you can choose to fire maybe 600-700 shells, once or twice a life time, same as I'd like to be a standing gun on a 500 bird day once in my life. But would I like it as a routine, no, and birds heaped in a mound and pics taken like that are not suitable for this or any other site. Call it what you like, I think there IS a line one shouldn't cross, and for the record I don't refer to woodies as vermin in any case.

I have always set up and shot woodies with sensible numbers in mind and yes I have stopped when it all became too easy on a given day.

I'll stick to the 20 or 30 n a cold day, Flask of Chicken soup, Hot Bath and evening in the Pub thanks.. Thtas a real day out shooting.

Couldn`t agree more.

Yep, i could be just as happy even missing the hot bath and pub, couple of birds in the bag and a sleep in the car to catch the next flight. Seems thats the norm for most of us :good: As for druel i almost puked, not my cup of tea Hunter not killer

not one of you FACT

Ooo, you been shootin with the wrong buddies :yes:

Don't know whether I'd fancy a go at that or not.The fact that the heat generated by those birds on top of each other like that means the ones underneath would be inedible,bothers me more than the numbers shot(it would appear to be sustainable from what I've read).

Perhaps they're all spread out to cool(in the heat of Argentina?)before being loaded into pick-ups?

not one of you FACT

Yes I would shoot 500 woodies in a day if I had chance ,though at the minute I would be lucky to shoot 2 ,the difference for me is that my imaginary 500 pigeons would go in the food chain not end up dumped in the middle of nowhere,if I had to dump edible quarry that I shoot then my shooting days would be over, fact.

Well if you want to be a smart harris, who said anything about the GL applying to Argentina?? :rolleyes:

And yeah, silly me for thinking that someone posting on the PIGEON watch website on a thread about shooting Pigeons, might actually shoot them himself :lol:

Swing and a miss champ :good:

No mate you started stating the terms and conditions of the General licence :yes: Not "me" :yes: the op was about shooting in Argentina :yes: so i cant really see the relevance of the GL :yes:

And yes the site is called pigeonwatch,but it covers many different areas,not just pigeon shooting :yes: anyway im off pigeon,crow,jackdaw,goose,duck,rabbit,hare,partridge,rook,4x4,recipes,off topic,sales, shooting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to you Titman/Breastman :good: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

No mate you started stating the terms and conditions of the General licence :yes: Not "me" :yes: the op was about shooting in Argentina :yes: so i cant really see the relevance of the GL :yes:

And yes the site is called pigeonwatch,but it covers many different areas,not just pigeon shooting :yes: anyway im off pigeon,crow,jackdaw,goose,duck,rabbit,hare,partridge,rook,4x4,recipes,off topic,sales, shooting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to you Titman/Breastman :good: BB

An internet arguement with someone who clearly doesn't understand basic sentence structure and grammar, and has a emoticon addiction? Wow, what an opportunity(!) :rolleyes:

Sorry but it's Friday afternoon so I'm off to protect some crops by shooting as many pigeons as possible, like the unsporting ******* i am :P

An internet arguement with someone who clearly doesn't understand basic sentence structure and grammar, and has a emoticon addiction? Wow, what an opportunity(!) :rolleyes:

Sorry but it's Friday afternoon so I'm off to protect some crops by shooting as many pigeons as possible, like the unsporting ******* i am :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whatever :good:

Your on the wrong site for grammar mate,this is a site for shooters :lol: :lol: not for bookworms :good:

Edited by Bluebarrels

I get the impression from reading some of the posts that most of you say you wouldn't shoot that many pigeons and it does nothing for you. But like anything there's a need. I bet if they were dropping into your fields like that most of you would be there with slabs of carts blasting away every spare bit of time you had. I know if you weren't your farmer wouldn't be very happy and would get someone who would. There's obviously a need in Argentina to protect crops the fact that the people doing it are paying for the privalage is irrelevant people pay for shooting all the time and there's people out there who want to make a quick buck from the sport.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whatever :good:

Your on the wrong site for grammar mate,this is a site for shooters :lol: :lol: not for bookworms :good:

Come on girls, play nice. If you want to pick straws, go find a haystack, you obviously have no time for each other, but why drag it onto the open site? There is a difference between voicing opinions and haveing a bitch fight. :hmm: