Electronic Ear Defenders

Bought a pair of Howard Leight Impact sport electronic hearing protectors from USA, (EBAY usa) cost me £40.77 ($78.97) delivered today 25th June 08.

Just tried them out and they are as good as my Peltors, they are comfortable with good volume and do not interfere with gun mount. If of interest I have the contact details of the company in USA.

:good:

Butch

The Napier Electronics at £129-00 are a rebranded import. Exactly the same are distributed by Nickerson for £79-00, and they are available under the manufacturers brand of HBS Electronics for £49-00.

Hi Clayman,

I've searched for HBS Electronics but can't find any ear defenders! Can you give us a hint about where to find them?

Thanks.

Deben, Deben, Deben ....

ALL THE WAY ......

They are excellent ....

Make sure you get a set of spare batteries ... Asda is the cheapeast for batteries !!!

If you hear buzzing during summer months... don't worry you are hearing bees flying about, they are that good !!!

Dudemonkey

:lol:

I'd urge caution with the in-ear jobs, I'm told that a significant proportion of the damage to your hearing happens not via direct sound through the ear canal, but indirectly via the structures and bones around the ear.

As the bloke who told me about this said, in heavy industry you don't see blokes wearing ear plugs, for things like clay shooting with constant high impact noise you want an ear muff to protect the whole ear.

He also mentioned that this is doubly true in children.

• 2 years later...