Sign in to follow this  
Stratts

!st day out ferretting today

Went out today for the 1st time ferretting with Cambs Shooter and his dad and what a great day.

They were a bit miffed that we didn't get many but as I left we had 9 in the bag and they were digging another 1 or 2 out that the ferret had collared. I left at the right time coz it was about 3-4ft deep :lol:

Learned a lot about rabbit sets that I never knew which will also help with my bunny shooting :good:

Thanks Brian and hopefully I can get you guys onto some of my land to have a day out in return :D

i used to do loads of ferreting it can be really frantic when you get into a big warren i tried shooting once over a bigish warren with ferrets could have done with a few more guns, i shot 3 ,many more got away much prefer using nets, 9 or 10 seems a average bag these days :good:

Edited by pboro shot

glad to see you had a good day, hope you caught the bug! had the opertunity to go out with the guy that got me in to ferreting today (he's 81 now) we ended up with 7 in the bag,