Defender Mounted Shooting Lamp

ellebarto

I want to try and side mount some decent quality spots on the side of my 110 Defender, which has a roof rack fitted. In theory then I can dispense with my small gun mounted light and just flick a switch or scan the hedge line as I drive by. The wires from the gun light are starting to bug me and there isn't much room in the old defender to move about.

ANyone done this and recommend a setup or a light that has good mounting options and perhaps can have a red or amber lense?

Have you thught about a lightforce striker with a remote handle, I have one fitted to my Fourtrak and it is excellent, you can get a range of filters for them including red,amber,grenn and blue.It makes an much easier job of scanning fields especially if you are by yourself as it rotates 360 as opposed to trying to stick a lamp out the window.

Have you thught about a lightforce striker with a remote handle, I have one fitted to my Fourtrak and it is excellent, you can get a range of filters for them including red,amber,grenn and blue.It makes an much easier job of scanning fields especially if you are by yourself as it rotates 360 as opposed to trying to stick a lamp out the window.

I'm familiar with the lamp and obviously the fact you can get filters for it but I dont know what you mean by remote handle? Just done a quick search and coudlnt find anything. Any other info on that?