Pump action appreciation society?

il cacciatore

Ok, I feel that I should explain.

I feel pump action shotguns ( and maybe just even .22lrs as well) are something that should be appreciated. They often receive alot of stick from nearly all corners of shooting society but I feel they are a good form of entertainment and deserve recognition.

:good:

Nowt at all wrong wi a good pump, as long as you're behind the biatch, then it's a case of shoot'n'pump, shoot'n'pump... or is it pump'n'shoot??? :good:

We're all adults after all;, eh?

PS I have a Mossberg 500 and grin like the Cheshire every time it's shot.

Guest jonrms

Count me in as well....... forget about these 2 shot shotguns.... go for pump... alot of fun.. or semi..... hmmmmmm saw a video .. i think it was on here... and they guy was amazing... multi shot shotgun... ahhhhhhhh if i was homer i would be drewling.. ****

If you have tried a half decent semi-auto you will throw your pumper into the nearest waste bin.

If you want to be different then deactivate it and use it as a cricket bat as a sign of obsolete gimmickry.

Pumpers appeal to the basic "Must fiddle with something even if it aint broke" instincts :good::lol:

All that clacking too and fro :good::good:

Useless in a pigeon hide, too damn heavy to carry, every time you take a shot the ratchetty bit puts you off.

Now, of course if you want a good excuse for missing and being a dinosaur then get one. Your mates will say "Ooooh, give me go of that". Then rub their chins afterwards and say "Well, at least I can say that I've tried one".

Bought one, tried it, sold it quickly.

Would like to have another go though - just to confirm that they are, well, ****.

I am totally unbiassed of course.

Go on - buy one, then I can try it :lol::angry::angry:

Don

There are certain sounds that live with you throughout your life, your favourite pieces of music, leather on Willow, silk sliding in a downwards direction on a lady's skin and the "snick snick" of a pump action shotgun being loaded.

I'm In :good:

Ft

I'm with Don on this one. :good:

I have owned two and have to admit it is one of the few times, I have made the same mistake twice.

If you want more than 2 shots, then a semi auto is the only sensible option.

When I got rid of mine, I didn't miss not having to carry the bamboo cane and tool kit around with me, to clear the jams. :lol:

Funny :lol:

See I personally find a PUMP action is MORE reliable than a Gas operated Semi :lol:

When the gas ports choke up or using light loads they can be VERY fussy.

But you bring a PUMP on the scene and you can even put measly 24g loads through with NO trouble what so ever.

The ONLY reason i don't own a Pump is i am too lazy to rack it :good:

LG

Count me in as well....... forget about these 2 shot shotguns.... go for pump... alot of fun.. or semi..... hmmmmmm saw a video .. i think it was on here... and they guy was amazing... multi shot shotgun... ahhhhhhhh if i was homer i would be drewling.. ****

You mean like this:

post-2978-1148395605.jpg

:angry:

I'm with Don on this one. :lol:

I have owned two and have to admit it is one of the few times, I have made the same mistake twice.

When I got rid of mine, I didn't miss not having to carry the bamboo cane and tool kit around with me, to clear the jams. :good:

Thought that the pump action was resistant to jams inherently through design. Theyll even take homeloads without too much hassle. :good: Who says that we have to be sensible? :angry: You dont even have to clean them, ever, and theyll work flawlessly.

I Love em! made me feel all manly when i had a go with Marc's a few weeks ago.

SPAZ 12??!!

Are they even legal? :lol:

You mean like this:

post-2978-1148395605.jpg

:angry:

I'm with Don on this one. :lol:

When I got rid of mine, I didn't miss not having to carry the bamboo cane and tool kit around with me, to clear the jams. :good:

Thought that the pump action was resistant to jams inherently through design. Theyll even take homeloads without too much hassle. :good: Who says that we have to be sensible? :angry: You dont even have to clean them, ever, and theyll work flawlessly.

I Love em! made me feel all manly when i had a go with Marc's a few weeks ago.

SPAZ 12??!!

Are they even legal? :lol:

Dont think so! are they fully auto aswel as pump?? im not sure.

If you have tried a half decent semi-auto you will throw your pumper into the nearest waste bin.

If you want to be different then deactivate it and use it as a cricket bat as a sign of obsolete gimmickry.

Pumpers appeal to the basic "Must fiddle with something even if it aint broke" instincts :good::P

All that clacking too and fro :o :(

Useless in a pigeon hide, too damn heavy to carry, every time you take a shot the ratchetty bit puts you off.

Now, of course if you want a good excuse for missing and being a dinosaur then get one. Your mates will say "Ooooh, give me go of that". Then rub their chins afterwards and say "Well, at least I can say that I've tried one".

Bought one, tried it, sold it quickly.

Would like to have another go though - just to confirm that they are, well, ****.

I am totally unbiassed of course.

Go on - buy one, then I can try it :lol::lol: :o

Don

Sorry dont agree Semi`s weight twice as much as a pump. Try dropping one in a mud and then pulling the trigger " do you feel lucky punk" with a pump it go bang semi? Lets hope :welcomeani:

Looked into it and its a Semi or Pump which ever takes your fancy at the time. It is available with a full stock or folding. Was sold for Military purposes or law enforcment but was allowed to be sold to civilians in the US under a clever marketing strategy which is where it got its name Spas "Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun"

There you have it! haha

There was a Sect 1 SPAS for sale at Holt's auctions last year. An impressive piece of kit.

They have 11 Shot capacity!

Also you can rack the action and stop it from loading another cart and place a diff cart in the breech (like a non lethal round).

A sect 1 spas must be limited capacity or it would be a sect 5.!!!!!!!!

Have you tried one? A friend once said to me he felt he could make a better one out of meccano and that he always felt as though he was going to lose a finger or two with it. They were in fashion with a few practical shotgun bod's and seemed to work well, but they definately did not have a quality feel to them. However, a picture of the spas is worthy of a place on every boy's (of any age) wall!

A friend of mine has one, it has been restricted to 3 shot and he uses it for clay shooting. It is the strangest thing to shoot as it has big ring sights on the top. reallly distracting.

He gets some really strange looks at the clay grounds.

I don't think he would be very welcome on a driven pheasant day.

Cheers

Martin

Apologies, the one at Holt's was a high-capacity FAC-rated one.... Yes, I've tried a SPAS, they are horrible things to use and to look at. The Meccano analogy is spot-on. I'd far rather have the Benelli M1 Practical if I needed a gun like that.

Incidentally, Benelli make a military issue-only combined semi-auto/pump action, as per the SPAS. Believe it's called the M4. Looks very sleek.