shocked and horrified.

Guest jonrms

Guest jonrms

I wont give away too much info... but went to a gun smith (sometime ago) and anyway he was selling rimfires etc... and co air rifles... he was advising customers how to increase the power over the legal limmit themselfs... and was happy to tell them all about it...

then he said to one customer.... as long as your not shooting things out your window parked in your car... no one will ever know...

ok so its gonna be hard for cops to find out.. but thats not the point...

the customer was no more than 18.... and i was horrified with all the publicity etc that a gun smith/sale person would do this..

To heck with that i would be on the Phone to Trading Standards and get em to send a lad in under cover asking the same info and NAIL the idiot :good:

This is JUST the kind of idiot we could do without in the shooting circles.

Ring trading standards about him and get them to pay him a snap visit and with any luck get him closed down before he has a chance to cause any real damage to the fraternity or even worse aid (with his info) someone to cause grevious injury or even death.

LG

To heck with that i would be on the Phone to Trading Standards and get em to send a lad in under cover asking the same info and NAIL the idiot :good:

This is JUST the kind of idiot we could do without in the shooting circles.

Ring trading standards about him and get them to pay him a snap visit and with any luck get him closed down before he has a chance to cause any real damage to the fraternity or even worse aid (with his info) someone to cause grevious injury or even death.

LG

:lol::lol: Like wise!

I would report him to the authorities immediately.

Guest jonrms

Just to let everyone know.. before I posted this thread.. I spoke to my local fire arms division of the police... they accepted that I did not need to give my name.. and took it very very seriously...

They were going to investigate immediatly.. and I would assume based on this they would set up a sting of some sort.. and hopefully not just jump in and say .. oy.. you... did you say this to a customer....

I hope they catch him out...

Guest jonrms

the thing is .. he wasnt just telling them how its done.. he was showing them.. ie which screws to turn.. etc.. and trying to convince the buyers that if they just shoot "responsibly" they will never have any trouble...

the thing that worried me.. is the person/s that he was trying to sell it to was no more than 18... and to be honest.. way back when ..... when i was 18.. i didnt shoot responsible... god anything that moved was a target as far as i was concerned back then....

There have been far too many people shot with air rifles recently that its no wonder the goverment is thinking of making restrictions... I am against these restrictions because now... i shoot in a propper manner along with everyone on this forum...

anyway.................. the guy shouldnt be saying this to kids.

Guest jonrms
I was gona say i dont really see much of a problem telling trusted friends etc. But a gun smith should know better. Also blabbing about it with other people about is a pretty stupid thing to do. Cant comment on age because im under and and i would say im responable but i know alot who arn't.

What a **** though may have landed himself in deep **** :good:

George.. please accept my appologies .. although your taking it lightly..... I want to state.. that age has nothing to do with it as a whole... but alot of 18 year olds arnt responsible.. and there the ones not on the forum.

I feel that OK it was very stupid of him. :good:

but..

I dont believe that the police will do very much because it isnt illegal to know how to do something illegal, its illegal to actually do it. It would be a different matter if he was the person that had in his possession an overpowered airrifle without having it proofed and on a valid FAC. Or he was modifying them for people who did not have FACs.

If someone wants to find out information all they need to is go on the internet and look at google and that RFD should have known better and said to them, 'Its illegal and I dont want to tell you how to do it.' because at the end of the day its his lively hood at stake and the shooting communities reputation. I think that if they were intent on doing something then they would have found out by some other means.

Infact if I were him I would have said:

"You dont want to be doing that, instead you should apply for a SGC and FAC, its dead easy. I have some really nice guns that I can sell you once youve got your licence." :lol: And then have got them to put down deposits. :lol:

I think that everyone has the right to free speach and information because I think thats a civilised society but as I said he should have known how to use it. :angry:

well when i was a lad we used to pack 2pences in with the spring to up the power usualy jamed and cut fingers into the bargin :lol:

i dont think phoning the police will help anyone just cause lots of bother. if u feel very strongly why not have a quiet word with the man in question :lol:

but i seem to be out of touch these days as with ladys out with a starting pistol training there dogs end up in court these days

cheers kirky :good:

OK kirky you got me puzzled??

How did you use 2p pieces? The sear on the back of the piston needs to get THROUGH the spring to engage the trigger hence the spring guides on all the spring guns i have owned to make sure the piston can lock onto the trigger sear? :good:

Which gun did you use the old tuppences on?

Also il cacciatore

Maybe it isn't an offence to supply the info!!!

But to openly advocate the use of a Firearms rated rifle (without a FAC) and be stupid enough to state that if you keep your mouth shut and eyes open you will be ok is beyond me.

If i was a Cop or Trading standards i would be bold and ask him if HE could carry out the work for me THEN nail him :welcomeani:

I can just see some 18 year old with blood all over his face after trying to remove the main spring to tweak his B2 after he gets half an education on how to be a twonk and disreguard the law relating to air rifles :P

Surely IF they catch someone using a FAC rated Air rifle AFTER this guy has told them HOW to do it then surely they can get him on a technicality along the lines of Aiding and abetting?

Even if he's not charged with any offence the Chief Constable can still refuse to renew his RFD authority and/or take his name off the register under Section 38 (I think) of the 1968 Firearms Act.

That's bad for business when your a gunsmith :welcomeani:

Lord Geordie is on the right lines.

If a person acts on the information supplied by the gunsmith and ups the power of the air weapon then the gunsmith has aided and abetted the offender.

We used to pur washers behind the spring as well when we were kids to try and up the power (at the piston end,trigger sear still engaged then)

All we created was unmanagable recoiling monsters that never hit anything.

OK kirky you got me puzzled??

How did you use 2p pieces? The sear on the back of the piston needs to get THROUGH the spring to engage the trigger hence the spring guides on all the spring guns i have owned to make sure the piston can lock onto the trigger sear? :good:

Which gun did you use the old tuppences on?

geordie hi i think it was an old diana that was my dads before mine im sure the barrel was connected to an arm that catched a coller that pushed the spring back to the triger catch , no pins or anything went threw the spring as i remember it. oh happy days simple a bit like me was a long time ago

cheers kirky :welcomeani: