"What Would You Do"

I would wait and see what the remainder of the season brings, then be prepared to move on if necessary with you head held high, they will pretty soon learn the error of their ways, you reap as you shall sow.

Sounds like they are counting anything that they might have hit as dead, who is fooling who?. Sounds like inexperience again.

A

I would wait and see what the remainder of the season brings, then be prepared to move on if necessary with you head held high, they will pretty soon learn the error of their ways, you reap as you shall sow.

Sounds like they are counting anything that they might have hit as dead, who is fooling who?. Sounds like inexperience again.

A

Hi A, happened to bump into one of the beaters on the christmas eve he made me laugh :lol: he said on the 17th they had fired 68 shots for the five pheseants before they went roost shooting even had a covey of about 30 frenchies get up out of the sugar beet that flew well straight over them he said it was the most shooting on one drive he'd heard all season but when they got to the end of the drive they had'nt hit any of them then :lol: he now rekons its the most boring shoot he's ever been on,I had'nt seen the old boy since october so asked what he'd heard ? then he made me swear when he'd been told that they had thrown me out because all the birds had died and that was down to me my god what a load of bulls :angry: So I made him aware that there were still birds there until they decided not to feed them every day.To this day I still dont think they get the jist of it being a DIY syndicate. :cry1:

Guest cookoff013

A

Hi A, happened to bump into one of the beaters on the christmas eve he made me laugh :lol: he said on the 17th they had fired 68 shots for the five pheseants before they went roost shooting even had a covey of about 30 frenchies get up out of the sugar beet that flew well straight over them he said it was the most shooting on one drive he'd heard all season but when they got to the end of the drive they had'nt hit any of them then :lol: he now rekons its the most boring shoot he's ever been on,I had'nt seen the old boy since october so asked what he'd heard ? then he made me swear when he'd been told that they had thrown me out because all the birds had died and that was down to me my god what a load of bulls :angry: So I made him aware that there were still birds there until they decided not to feed them every day.To this day I still dont think they get the jist of it being a DIY syndicate. :cry1:

what did they expect, its coming to winter time, the birds need food !

What goes around comes around, hope it all works out for you. Im lucky to be part of a friendly syndicate (half gun) but am very careful not to introduce anyone i dont know well and respect. Sounds mighty unfair, leave them to it but keep up with the landowner. You have every right to be upset, Id be hopping mad. Would poetic justice if you set up some feeders on neighbouring ground to get 'your' birds back. :lol: :lol:

All the best.

What goes around comes around, hope it all works out for you. Im lucky to be part of a friendly syndicate (half gun) but am very careful not to introduce anyone i dont know well and respect. Sounds mighty unfair, leave them to it but keep up with the landowner. You have every right to be upset, Id be hopping mad. Would poetic justice if you set up some feeders on neighbouring ground to get 'your' birds back. :lol: :lol:

All the best.

Hi moor man,Thanks for your reply I really wish I could be like that but I'm afraid I was brought up different but as you say what goes around! and in last three shoots they've only had 18 pheseants 4 partridges 3 duck that says it all!!!

Dave.

• 1 month later...

im intrigued - did you stay or go? now its the end of the season?

Hi Rosebank22,No I did go and am now in talks with landowner to start again for this year, as for returns from last year they had 28 Pheseant in total from 400 put down, so maybe the old sayings right "You Reap what you Sow" Am now looking forward to this season and starting all over again. Thanks for surpport from everyone on PW,Cheers Dave.

Edited by gamekeeper1960

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've now been in this syndicate (as a half gun I'm not a payed keeper although I've been doing keepering all my life )for 18 mounth, reared 1 lot of pheasants and 2 lots of partridges, the last lot of pheasants came as poults,I even had 500 pheasant in a pen in my garden and 300 of the partridges .So I have looked after feeding all the birds 4 days a week since we started but for this season we took in six new half guns who seem to want to rule the roost and after 2 not so good shoot days, I've now been told these other gun want me out of the syndicate because they say there are no birds on the farm the other chap who feeds says he's seeing birds every where as am I. Im at a loss to know what to do they say Im only getting back £200 as this is all I'm entitled to but as I've pointed out this does not take into concideration what I've spent in runing cost on my landy And for me to go and buy 4 to replace days the days I had left this is going to cost me in exsess of £1000, So I dont know what to do and I feel that I've shafted by orginal members who say they dont want to rock the boat just in case their next .So please tell what would you DO any surgestions would be great.

small claims its cheap to do i would have put in a claim just incase i got a sympathetic judge that shoots and if nothing else it would have wasted some of there time lol

Edited by storme37