teenagers board money

silpig5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobile phone = make him get his own on PAYG, that way he pays for it not you, and he'll learn the value of what it costs to use.

Other than people making once in a blue moon phonecalls and text messages, does anyone still use pay as you go these days? :huh: Certainly not financially viable for 95% of people my age to use one as my monthy contract would pay for itself in a couple of hours. :lol:

FM :)

I started paying £40 a week when I was 16 which included most things except mobile/internet.

Then when I was 18 it was £60 a week for board, plus a share of the bills and all my own food etc.

Moved out as soon as I was 20, thankfully knowing that it costs a fortune to live!

Just wish my parents had saved some of the money for me! :rolleyes:

I used to pay 20% board and that was for everything :good:

We dont charge our daughter board,she is now 21 and doing a law degree at cambridge,she reminded us that its her that would select the nursing home we would go to :hmm::lol: :lol:

You see, studying law, thats already a compelling argument she put forward :yes:

hmmm the words, you, curlies, by, got and, short, the, rearranged into a sentence come to mind.

You see, studying law, thats already a compelling argument she put forward :yes:

hmmm the words, you, curlies, by, got and, short, the, rearranged into a sentence come to mind.

Yeah,i know :lol: she is a good girl,helps me on site when she is off uni,been on the roofs and helped me fit kitchens/bathrooms.She now wants to shoot some clays. :yes:

My wife and I gave my daughter four years gratis as she was at college and then only a part time job,she has now been in full time work for six months now and my wife has suggested she pays £20 a week,as she contributes nothing she treats our house like a hotel,comes and goes when she wants,but the thought of having to pay £20 a week has sent her into a right strop,she's had a massive go at her mum this morning before she left for work(luckily I had already gone to work)as far as I can she she's got two options,either pay her way or find somewhere else where she can get lodgings,food ,washing,internet etc for £20 a week,at 20 years old she is going to have the shock of her life when she eventually has to pay her way in this world.This is probably my fault for being too soft to start with,but I can't see £20 a week being over the top I paid this to my mam 25 years ago and I was only earning about £90 a week.Just waiting for her to come home from work now so round two can start :D