Guerini v Beretta?

m3vert

Ok I had my heart set on a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 sporter until I was shown a lovely Guerini (Tempio I think) ok it is a couple of hundred extra over the Beretta but I wanted to know what folks think of Guerini guns?

Any comments appreciated, the gun will be primarily for clays by the way.

thanks in advance

I have owned both and they are both well made, handle fine and look built to last.

Guerini started off at a low price and I would have said get one in preference to Beretta. I know all guns are going up, but Guerini don't seem as much of a bargain as they were 18 months ago.

Taking into account resale value, I would plump for Beretta.

Can the guys who simply answered 'Beretta' tell us why they are so 'awesome'??

I know they are probably the most popular shotgun in the UK by some way, but it always makes me smile when I see the usual - Beretta and nothing else line trotted out.

Personally I think the older guns and the newer guns over say £3k so the EL and EELL are superb pieces of kit - but recently I was in the market for a 20 bore and looked very hard at the Silver Pigeon range - very dissapointing, bulk made on a factory production line came to mind. Very poor wood to meatl finish, horrible lazer cut engraving, very average wood and an action that so so stiff I had to brace it against my knee to open.

The same shop had a full range of Ceaser Guerini's and what a contrast - very pretty guns, well finished, great attention to detail, nice wood work on all models and an action that felt like a German car - solid and clunky, just right.

Not saying Beretta's are bad guns and yes sure they will always hold a sell on value, but consider looking at what else is available and I think you'll be surprised.

Personally I really like to be stood there with something a little different.

Beretta for me I like the look of the Guerinis but a few reports of them being shot out worn out a lot quicker than people expected, they do look a lovely gun just berettas have a proven good spares backup and all gunsmiths know them inside out, resale value is steady on berettas.

If you want something different there is some good alternatives but more money.

ATB figgy

Beretta for me I like the look of the Guerinis but a few reports of them being shot out worn out a lot quicker than people expected, they do look a lovely gun just berettas have a proven good spares backup and all gunsmiths know them inside out, resale value is steady on berettas.

If you want something different there is some good alternatives but more money.

ATB figgy

Ezactly Figgy - I have heard some right tales about the ceasers,they are not in the same bracket as the beretta's - ok you want to be different, you will have to spend more to beat the beretta - they are popular for a reason.

I wouldn't bother asking on here (or any other forum for that matter).

Beretta owners will always say Beretta, Browning owners will always recommend Brownings and Miroku owners will say they're the best.

If you like the Guerini, go for it. I reckon you'd be hard pushed to 'wear it out'.

Can the guys who simply answered 'Beretta' tell us why they are so 'awesome'??

I know they are probably the most popular shotgun in the UK by some way, but it always makes me smile when I see the usual - Beretta and nothing else line trotted out.

Personally I think the older guns and the newer guns over say £3k so the EL and EELL are superb pieces of kit - but recently I was in the market for a 20 bore and looked very hard at the Silver Pigeon range - very dissapointing, bulk made on a factory production line came to mind. Very poor wood to meatl finish, horrible lazer cut engraving, very average wood and an action that so so stiff I had to brace it against my knee to open.

The same shop had a full range of Ceaser Guerini's and what a contrast - very pretty guns, well finished, great attention to detail, nice wood work on all models and an action that felt like a German car - solid and clunky, just right.

Not saying Beretta's are bad guns and yes sure they will always hold a sell on value, but consider looking at what else is available and I think you'll be surprised.

Personally I really like to be stood there with something a little different.

All the big names have excellent reputations,but for instance the berettas are mass produced,and they don't feel that special to me and I think are over priced for a mass produced product,other lesser known brands often give more for the same or less money.But most people rubbish them and their resale is bad.my Zoli for instance is,to me a superb gun,excellent spec,really good finish,and put together better, lovely trigger and very well balanced,but it's not one of the big names and people screw their faces up at it,having never fired it or tried it,they are a bit thick and totally wrapped up in the branding.I had a silver pigeon S once and a 525,both of which were nothing special,quite ordinary ,but my Zoli feels special and well built,the Gurini guns are good well made,sod it what people think and get what you want,but just be prepared to lose a lot of money when you sell it.

All the big names have excellent reputations,but for instance the berettas are mass produced,and they don't feel that special to me and I think are over priced for a mass produced product,other lesser known brands often give more for the same or less money.But most people rubbish them and their resale is bad.my Zoli for instance is,to me a superb gun,excellent spec,really good finish,and put together better, lovely trigger and very well balanced,but it's not one of the big names and people screw their faces up at it,having never fired it or tried it,they are a bit thick and totally wrapped up in the branding.I had a silver pigeon S once and a 525,both of which were nothing special,quite ordinary ,but my Zoli feels special and well built,the Gurini guns are good well made,sod it what people think and get what you want,but just be prepared to lose a lot of money when you sell it.

I also have a lanber sporting lux around 10 years old, my first gun can't fault it !!!! Edited by jmoz82

The older Beretta's are supposed to be better made than the new one's. I don't know if it's true but I've been told that the pigeon 1's are made under license for Beretta not directly by them. The thing with a Beretta is that it will always have a good resale value and don't often break and can easily be fixed if they do. My personal belief is that then Guerini's are a match for the new entry model Beretta's but can't yet match them on the top end eell models. Like any gun though if you get on with it and can shoot it then it's the one for you.

Same same. They are both made entirely by machine with the latest steel technology. The obvious answer is pick which ever fits

However you would have something different in a geurini and you will just be like everyone else if you go for the berretta

I had the pleasure of meeting the guy that is the main importer for the uk of geurini and he is a great bloke. Did you also know that if you go to his shop they will measure you and build the gun to fit you as standard. Now there is something you won't get with a berretta...

Can't remember the name of the shop ... I could get the details and a number from a mate of mine at the clay club if you want I think he took a card off him

I've shot the .410. Witt the Essex engraving and it was a beautiful machine..

very dissapointing, bulk made on a factory production line came to mind. Very poor wood to meatl finish, horrible lazer cut engraving, very average wood and an action that so so stiff I had to brace it against my knee to open.

Not to mention that good old berretta bounce you get when you open it. And by the way for all those of you that are hoping it will go away. It won't

Oh and there that horrible hinge pin thing. Plus those real sturdy locking pin efforts on the face of the breach... What's that all about

In my opinion berretta would not be a choice here

Edited by Mike525steel