Guerini v Beretta?

m3vert

buy the one that fits you the best!

i have a 391 and love it.

i have had a look at guerini maxum (or something like that)

I really liked the pistol style grip and the way the wood looked and fitted .

The 20 bore had good balance.(better than the 12).

You could sell a beretta but will not want to.(but would sell fast the guerini wont not)

The beretta is properly build better,and is tried and tested as hundreds of clay ranges use them as hire guns and for lessons.

But in the real world you will not wear either of them out.(modern cnc = well made guns)

I prefer the look of the guerini but have never fired one.

i like the way berettas handle,they shouder well.(mount well)

Your money ,your choice.if your going to keep it,you cant go wrong with either if it fits.

Well thanks for all the replies guys :) Appreciate everyones different take on things.

What the bloke at the Guerini RFD said to me is 100% right, he basically said you can ask 10 experienced gun dealers which is best guerini, browning, beretta etc and each will come up with a different answer and they will ALL be right! They all appear to be decent guns, the guerini in my opinion looks a slightly nicer looking gun than the Silver Pigeon BUT I have decided to stick with the Beretta and if I am being honest for one reason only! Re-sale value. I think that on the whole Beretta being the better known and more popular gun there will be more people looking to purchase it from me if I decide to sell it. If I had been shooting for years and was buying a gun that I knew I would never change I would have gone for the Guerini but since I know what I am like and end up changing whatever I buy (went through TOO many Canon cameras to count! and thousands of pounds worth of diving kit) so will go with the Silver Pigoen :)

Thanks again for all your help and hopefully have the gun in my grubby hands by the end of this week :) Happy days!

Ricky

• 1 month later...

I like the fore end.

Think its a bit different and doesnt get hot release click!!

I shoot fast, far to fast.

I havethe bottom of the range Guerini FLyway, its been superb. Mid 80s consistently, 70s on a bad day. Its kills stuff very well. I like it. SUmmit sporting next and a Benelli SUpersports. I hated SA until I shot that Benelli. They are mint.

Caesar Guerini guns are superb £4£. It is really tricky for any manufacturer to compete with Browning or Beretta in the UK. Most of their reputation is legacy. The new guns are poor compared to those of old. Browning are scheduled to launch the 725 in the spring 2012, we'll see.

I've put about 1500 shells through my Maxum, so far brilliant, faultless and a pleasure to use the thing. You really do have to use one!

Edited by Whitebridges

I have owned a 525, a silver pigeon S and now the Zoli,I think the sil pig was the worst finished gun,if I'm honest,even though I really like the feel of it,my M8 has a 682 gold E and the difference between them is huge.But the Zoli is the best gun I've owned and shot,and I have tried quite a few by asking fellow shooters a clay grounds for a go.I like the Zoli, but no doubt it's "utter rubbish" as it's not a established brand.Re sale will be poor,but i'm hoping that this gun is a keeper as it always comes up right,the ballance is good for me and the black action looks really nice

This really depends on the specific gun...I have picked up dozens of Brownings and you will find ones wood is like a plank and the next is beautiful, guerini's are the same and guess what - beretta too!

I looked at no less than 3 when I bought my U/L gold and 2 were awful wood and the wood to metal fit but the 3rd was beautiful...as for them being barrell heavy - poppycock! You haven't swung that many around....even an alloy actioned U/L is very well balanced...

If possible get the rfd to lay 3 of each in front of you and pick the best of the 3 for each then lay them side by side and have a swing around with them....then take the beretta home....:lol:

Regards,

Gixer

I'd have thought gun fit would be a bigger and better consideration than resale value and from some of the comments can only assume most Beretta owners sell there guns on every other week?

I'd buy which ever gun i liked the feel of, if the Guerini can be factory made as a custom fit then have a serious look into the cost of having this done, buy the gun because of the enjoyment you'll get out of it hitting clays or whatever, not because of the extra money it may be worth in 5 - 10 - 15 years time, by then the Guerini could be king and Beretta's might be out of fashion!

and yes i have two Beretta's in the gun cabinet!

I like the fore end.

Think its a bit different and doesnt get hot release click!!

I shoot fast, far to fast.

I havethe bottom of the range Guerini FLyway, its been superb. Mid 80s consistently, 70s on a bad day. Its kills stuff very well. I like it. SUmmit sporting next and a Benelli SUpersports. I hated SA until I shot that Benelli. They are mint.

It's the nut behind the butt that breaks the clays, not the gun :rolleyes: .

I once tried on the boots of a top proffessional footballer :good: , unfortunately I still could not get in the team :no: , and these were the boots that everyone recommended :lol::hmm: not sure about resale value though, it was never mentioned

Handle and shoot them both, buy the one that you shoot the best. I have has a 687 for 20 years, I handled ( but did not shoot) a Guerini when they first came out, I thought it was awful personally, like using a railway sleeper.

Another point is resale values, my 687 will today be worth about what I paid for it 20 years ago, will a Guerini ?.

A

i like miroku and brownings in 12 gauge great. well in 20 gauge ceasar geurini hands down have the weight and the balance brilliant to shoot,but fabarm internals but still great i think this is the best 20 bore on the market so far hands down lov em.

Are Fabarm internals of poor quality then?(honest question)

As far as quality and longevity is concerned it might be a good idea to ask, firstly Beretta then Browning/Miroku then Caesar Guerini. The question of course is this "How long is the guarantee on the action of this gun?" Browning/Miroku? 10 years transferable, Beretta? 10 years transferable, Guerini? 2 years non-transferable. Then ask an honest dealer how much the guns would be worth in 2 years time. The decision will be much easier now except for one silly, niggling issue, the Guerini, for me is an incredibly pointable and shootable gun, I've owned all three over the years and I have produced my best scores with the Guerini but and it's a big BUT!! it has also been my experience that the after-sales service provided by Guerini Guns UK or as they like to be known now, Anglo Italian Arms, is abysmal (don't get mixed up with the North American operation). Can't say of the others as I have never needed their after-sales dept., I still have a bomb proof Miroku which has shot thousands and thousands of shells and still feels good.

• 1 month later...

I'm lucky enough to own a Beretta 682E and a Guerini Gladius semi-auto. Let me say they are both great guns. Regarding longevity, I just don't know but I put a lot more cartridges through the Guerini and it has never jammed. At the moment I have problems with a sticking trigger on the Beretta (very frustrating) so GMK can sort that one out.