Crabtree Farm, Lupton

paulos

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a PM from Chard saying that he is donating a £100 High Gun prize for the top PW score :good: nice one :good:

Damn, I was just coming out of the bank with the cash and I got hit over the head by an IC4 male with a pack of halal bacon. <_<

I'll donate a heavily used photo of El Magnifico instead :good:

Age Concern are aware.....

Edited by Chard

100 clay shoot ?

Might have to have a practice on wednesday, not been hitting anything with my new gun :cry1: :cry1: :cry1: SX3 was much better than the Xtrema 2 for clays as was my SXP :rolleyes:

I had an Xtrema 2 and it was SHHHIIIIIIITTTE for clays :yes: I did everything I could, saw a competent coach, pointed the gun in the right place, used a Muller fruit corner and an adjustAble crayfish but it had to go ;)

I had an Xtrema 2 and it was SHHHIIIIIIITTTE for clays :yes: I did everything I could, saw a competent coach, pointed the gun in the right place, used a Muller fruit corner and an adjustAble crayfish but it had to go ;)

haha well if I'm lucky I might have my new Browning GTS by then ;)

Doubt it though :( won't have the rest of the cash for it before next week I think

The Boy and I are looking forward to this enormously, The boy to the shooting and me to the pies :lol::lol:

Are any of the PW contingent who are CPSA members up for a mini comp? Say a fiver a head into the pot and winner takes all :good:

Any suggestions on handicap welcome but my idea would be take everyones English Sporting adjusted average from the latest CPSA issued figures, I don't suppose the new averages are out until next week so we would have to go with Issue 40.

The person who has the highest average (Azzurri or Beretta?) gives us (and him) the scratch figure. Everyone else's handicap figure is determined by subtracting their personal average from the scratch average.

An example would be that the highest CPSA average is by Mr Hotshot and is 88.4 All averages are rounded up or down to a whole number (.5 rounded up) so Mr Hotshot's average is 88.

Mr Mediocre has an adjusted average of 77.5 (rounded up to 78) so his handicap is (88-78)= +10. In our comp Mr Hotshot shoots a 91 and Mr Mediocre shoots above his weight with an 82. Between those two Mr M takes the prize with an 92 (82 + 10 handicap).

Anyone any thoughts, even at a fiver it still makes it a cheap 100 birder at £23 and one person will end up with a small contribution to their fuel costs for the day :good::hmm::lol::good::hmm::lol:

Mr Potter

PS If you fancy this just let me know either by posting on this thread or a pm. I think I know the real names of most of the forum names above but if you are a Pigeon Watch member and have an English Sporting (Issue 40) average you will be welcome to give it a go, nothing ventured nothing gained.

If you haven't or you are a relative novice, don't worry you will pick up a year's worth of good shooting tips just by watching some of those guys & gal above (you would normally pay a king's ransom for an El Magnifico masterclass) and there will be plenty of helpful advice for those that both want and need it.

The Boy and I are looking forward to this enormously, The boy to the shooting and me to the pies :lol::lol:

Are any of the PW contingent who are CPSA members up for a mini comp? Say a fiver a head into the pot and winner takes all :good:

Any suggestions on handicap welcome but my idea would be take everyones English Sporting adjusted average from the latest CPSA issued figures, I don't suppose the new averages are out until next week so we would have to go with Issue 40.

The person who has the highest average (Azzurri or Beretta?) gives us (and him) the scratch figure. Everyone else's handicap figure is determined by subtracting their personal average from the scratch average.

An example would be that the highest CPSA average is by Mr Hotshot and is 88.4 All averages are rounded up or down to a whole number (.5 rounded up) so Mr Hotshot's average is 88.

Mr Mediocre has an adjusted average of 77.5 (rounded up to 78) so his handicap is (88-78)= +10. In our comp Mr Hotshot shoots a 91 and Mr Mediocre shoots above his weight with an 82. Between those two Mr M takes the prize with an 92 (82 + 10 handicap).

Anyone any thoughts, even at a fiver it still makes it a cheap 100 birder at £23 and one person will end up with a small contribution to their fuel costs for the day :good::hmm::lol::good::hmm::lol:

Mr Potter

PS If you fancy this just let me know either by posting on this thread or a pm. I think I know the real names of most of the forum names above but if you are a Pigeon Watch member and have an English Sporting (Issue 40) average you will be welcome to give it a go, nothing ventured nothing gained.

If you haven't or you are a relative novice, don't worry you will pick up a year's worth of good shooting tips just by watching some of those guys & gal above (you would normally pay a king's ransom for an El Magnifico masterclass) and there will be plenty of helpful advice for those that both want and need it.

Sounds good to me :good: I think there's a typo though.

You said "mediocre" score of 77.5%, whereas I think you meant "magnificent" :sly:

Mr Potter

Does my Mother know you're gambling online again??????

Edited by Son Of Potter

Mr Potter

Sounds like a plan :hmm:

As I'm currently unclassified I should get at least a +50 :D

Mr Potter

its a manc mans sandbagging dream :yes::yes::yes: i can see more than one breaking high 80s :yes::yes: if they dont bottle it :P

Edited by beretta

Sounds like a plan :hmm:

As I'm currently unclassified I should get at least a +50 :D

Just checked on the CPSA website Allan canthitathing and I've come up with a plan, a cunning plan.

You could use your Issue 41 adjusted average which will be 73.1%, rounded to 73. If you shoot a blinder and win we object as we are all using Issue 40 figures, you get annoyed and storm off home forgetting to reclaim your fiver and the person who was 2nd (probably me) rubs their hands in glee.

Agreed then :good::good:

Mr Potter