Crabtree Farm, Lupton

paulos

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were these top guys :hmm: My squad was full of geriatric bellends and a young lady Chard was grooming :D

The poor girl will never be the same again :P

She's had an excellent grounding in how not to shoot sporting clays anyway :oops:

I did mention to her that we were off to Shugborough next Sunday and she just looked bewildered :lol:

Edited by Chard

Son of Potter was the real Star on the day (well shot Rich) but Whiskeymac shot a 77 and had a 20 shot handicap to add :o Bloody Bandit :lol:

Yes, Rich had a blinding round, considering he shot it in "the weather" :lol:

I think he got an 83 (plus handicap), which was extraordinary, given the stupid conditions later in the afternoon :no:

Edited by Chard

Thanks chard and Al, it was the last 3 stands that cost me 10 targets!!! But then again it was the first time i had shot from a swimming pool fully clothed!!! :) :)

:lol: It was the ******* wind that got me. When that rain really came on the wind went mad, I was getting blown off balance and I'm not exactly a lightweight :P

Some of the scores before handycaps were Beretta-81. Azzuri-82.Richard from Huddersfield-26 ish.(only been shooting for a short while).Dr Evil- 25. (with a brand new gun).Shaun Gory -65.Auntie- 63.Paulos -74.I think Paddy the other young lad in our squad got but i thik he was in the high 40's or low 50 but he hasn't been shooting for very long.High gun went to Richard Jones and High gun with handicap went to Scotty.Perhaps someone else could add to the scores with a little more detail.The scores belie the unbelievable wind and rain conditions but an excellent time was had by all, even if we were soaked to the skin. :o :o The targets by the way were brilliant. from Auntie.

Some of the scores before handycaps were Beretta-81. Azzuri-82.Richard from Huddersfield-26 ish.(only been shooting for a short while).Dr Evil- 25. (with a brand new gun).Shaun Gory -65.Auntie- 63.Paulos -74.I think Paddy the other young lad in our squad got but i thik he was in the high 40's or low 50 but he hasn't been shooting for very long.High gun went to Richard Jones and High gun with handicap went to Scotty.Perhaps someone else could add to the scores with a little more detail.The scores belie the unbelievable wind and rain conditions but an excellent time was had by all, even if we were soaked to the skin. :o :o The targets by the way were brilliant. from Auntie.

We don't really know what the scores were in our squad, because all 4 of our pens stopped working and the cards started to disintegrate two stands from the end :lol:

I think me, Timps and Al were all 65-70 ish, Mr Potter was somewhere in the 70's and Rich got 83 I reckon. Kelly shot well, considering she's not been shooting long, but I've no idea what she got, but she hit some tough stuff. :good:

It was a good shoot, I will be going back there for sure, when the weather looks a bit better :P

We don't really know what the scores were in our squad, because all 4 of our pens stopped working and the cards started to disintegrate two stands from the end :lol:

I think me, Timps and Al were all 65-70 ish, Mr Potter was somewhere in the 70's and Rich got 83 I reckon. Kelly shot well, considering she's not been shooting long, but I've no idea what she got, but she hit some tough stuff. :good:

It was a good shoot, I will be going back there for sure, when the weather looks a bit better :P

Come back in the snow ;)

Good fun today despite the weather and in our group Graeme and Brian were near neck and neck, though Brian did have an advantage with his 'special' cartridges. Honestly he'll do anything to get an advantage. :lol:

Well shot Rich getting high gun, great score and you did it with the worst of weather of the day. :good: Like you the last 3 stands were my worst ones......I dropped 14 birds on the last 3 stands (no I'm not kidding either, I've still got the card :o ). Pleased to get a few quid though, and the pies were spot on. :)

Yes, I wondered if some of that was hail. With that wind, even the rain was stinging when it slapped you round the gob :sly:

It was hailing yesterday so pretty sure it was today

my gun didnt like the rain or hail either, prefer the synthetics for bad weather then they don't slip everywhere :rolleyes:

Got to agree with what's been said already,a good day out in good company in the worst weather i've ever shot clays in (wetter than Wolds and the wind nearly cut you in half) :oops:

Got to give it to Rich,not Chard :P ,some great shooting on some tough targets :good: :good: A well earned win :yes:

Top bombing to Scott too,i followed him and his score was great effort,he can be well pleased with that.Well shot mate :good:

Would be nice to go back in the summer,the place is worth a look if you're passing.The targets certainly didn't dissapoint :good:

Azzurri.

Does anybody know what the ******* scores were? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've no idea what I got, somewhere between 65 and 70 probably :lol:

Who's this bell end?

004egb.jpg

Its the latest Pilla Eyewear, seeing as we had a fully qualified CPSA ref on our squad I knew I needed proper eye protection :yes:

I love the fact I was shooting the penultimate stand with a score of about 14 ex 14 waiting for someone to say last pair, only to be told the cards were trashed, no one was marking, no one was watching, no one cared about my magnificence and it was for nothing, but carry on as it was keeping me quiet.

I was also upset we could not make new friends by towing their car (weather they wanted it or not) with Al's Range Rover to a destination of our choosing.

But a top day, real good targets and a good laugh :good:

Thanks chard and Al, it was the last 3 stands that cost me 10 targets!!! But then again it was the first time i had shot from a swimming pool fully clothed!!! :) :)

It was a great score seeing as your deranged father decided we should shoot stand 7 as a Simo pair :blink:

I did well on the last 3 stands :lol:

Is it a CPSA referees requirement to mark the cards in a very strange downward way to prevent card tampering ?