want a .17 but been told will not get granted

xX Hunter UK Xx

Guys, try reading what ordnance said, you diss him and then agree with him and Redrum just jumps on the bandwagon again without any thought.

It goes like this Redrum......I have the FAC and SGC tools I want, (7 on the FAC currently, just approved for the 2 additional I asked for, that will make 9 in total on the FAC) conditioned for ALL purposes on an Open FAC, including Fox on ALL my Rimfires, it seems you don't, so, just who do you think is in the best position to offer advice as to how to get what you want?

Will you stop sniping take a chill pill and grow up, what is the matter with you recently?!

Nowt wrong with me Dekers, I probably havent been shooting half as long as you but I live in the real world and try to share my real experiences with others on this forum.You obvioulsy dont live in the county of Gloucestershire. You live in an ideal world, first license opened on arrival,get everything you ask for regarding conditions, the plod do as you tell em and all the animals you shoot drop dead on the spot. Go and do the lottery mate, you aint gonna loose, you could probably part the sea on the way. Sorry mate, I just dont believe you. :no::no:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did read your post. You FEO provides a report along with a recommendation. If he states that he doesn't believe you are suitable, the FEB are very unlikely to go against his recommendation. He therefore has the ability to influence the decision.

If you think 2 guns are an armoury, you need your head examined. The use of the word armoury usually refers to a subsantial quantity of weaponry, depending on the context in which the word is being used.

Dunno, I hold 14 on SGS & FAC at the moment if I want anything I ask and they stick it on my ticket, no-one's ever mentioned I have too many. Is there such a thing????

You are lucky some on this forum seam to have problems with their FEO-S allowing 2 or 3 guns never mind 14.

Some like dancake seam to think i am making it up i am telling as it is believe it or not. There is no set limit you just have to just show need. Take handguns their are different comps for different calibers their are classic pistol comps- service pistol-black powder -semi auto- revolver ect i know guys that have 7 handguns for different comps.

Edited by ordnance

You are lucky some on this forum seam to have problems with their FEO-S allowing 2 or 3 guns never mind 14.

Some like dancake seam to think i am making it up.

I think Norfolk seems to be pretty good, although I never had any problems when i lived in Kent, even though my permissions were still in Norfolk.

Maybe it has something to do with having had a sgc for 40 years and fac for 30. No idea, like I said, no one's ever questioned it.

I have three shotguns, one I have been using for 38ys, and four rifles, for hunting in the UK these guns will cover anything that flies or walks, would it be true to say that those with double figures of guns are target shooters belonging to clubs.

Some like dancake seam to think i am making it up i am telling as it is believe it or not. There is no set limit you just have to just show need. Take handguns their are different comps for different calibers their are classic pistol comps- service pistol-black powder -semi auto- revolver ect i know guys that have 7 handguns for different comps.

Are you thick? I understand what you were feebly attempting to portray, but you were wrong! I don't think you are making anything up, I just think you are talking balls. I know people with over 20 guns, but that isn't to say that the process for aquiring those firearms was as simple as what you made it out to be. You can get refused a firearm even if you have the best reasons in the world to possess it.

Are you thick? I understand what you were feebly attempting to portray, but you were wrong! I don't think you are making anything up, I just think you are talking balls. I know people with over 20 guns, but that isn't to say that the process for aquiring those firearms was as simple as what you made it out to be. You can get refused a firearm even if you have the best reasons in the world to possess it.

If you know people who have twenty guns how difficult can it be you are contradicting your self. As i said if everything is in order then your FEO has know reason to object to your application . I said object he has an influence he doesn't make the decision the firearms branch make the decision.

If you are saying i am talking balls if every thing is in order on your application what are the difficulties. ? Point them out or i will have to assume you dont know what you are talking about and you are the one talking balls.

Edited by ordnance

I did read your post. You FEO provides a report along with a recommendation. If he states that he doesn't believe you are suitable, the FEB are very unlikely to go against his recommendation. He therefore has the ability to influence the decision.

If you think 2 guns are an armoury, you need your head examined. The use of the word armoury usually refers to a subsantial quantity of weaponry, depending on the context in which the word is being used.

Whats a substantial quantity of weaponry. ?

The original post was about an FEO not liking a certain caliber i said it is irreverent weather he likes the caliber or not if all is in order then he has no reason to object to your application. What part of that do you not agree with.

Whats a substantial quantity of weaponry. ?

The original post was about an FEO not liking a certain caliber i said it is irreverent weather he likes the caliber or not if all is in order then he has no reason to object to your application. What part of that do you not agree with.

Do you want me to spell it out for you son? You clearly stated that if everything matches up with the paperwork then you will get the gun you have applied for. It doesn't work like that. How many times do you have to be told? What is 'irreverent' if you don't mind me asking? Your FEO can object to your application if he doesn't think that the calibre of weapon will be suitable for what you are asking. It's as plain and simple as that. None of this 'OH I've filled all the correct paperwork in using a fountain pen and my best writing', they HAVE to give me the gun because of that.

Look substantial up in the dictionary (if you can read one). If I said you were talking a substantial amount of balls you would know what I meant. Why do you not understand what I mean when I write 'a substantial quantity of weaponry'?

as I have found out with a .243 not enough experiance... :sly:

Do you want me to spell it out for you son? You clearly stated that if everything matches up with the paperwork then you will get the gun you have applied for. It doesn't work like that. How many times do you have to be told? What is 'irreverent' if you don't mind me asking? Your FEO can object to your application if he doesn't think that the calibre of weapon will be suitable for what you are asking. It's as plain and simple as that. None of this 'OH I've filled all the correct paperwork in using a fountain pen and my best writing', they HAVE to give me the gun because of that.

Look substantial up in the dictionary (if you can read one). If I said you were talking a substantial amount of balls you would know what I meant. Why do you not understand what I mean when I write 'a substantial quantity of weaponry'?

You are obviously are having problems with what i said everything in order (everything in order) So to save you looking up the words in the dictionary. Everything included paper work appropriate land to shoot on caliber ect and all the other checks. (Everything) . The last firearm i applied for i bought it filled in the application sent it to the firearms branch. Waited got my FAC back collected the gun. Now you might find that difficult but i found it quite easy.

Quote form earlier post. (17 hmr but been told the fire arms guy round my dose not like) . (DOSE NOT LIKE)

-

Just because the FEO doesn't like a caliber is irrelevant that is not a reason for turning down your application.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me all the difficulties there are in getting a FAC. And getting variations on that FAC maybe its you. I have Had a FAC for 30 years and i have never had a problem getting a firearm on it of different types and calibers.

Edited by ordnance

Not that I know much about the whole situation, but I'm sure that Northern Irish FEOs must be on the highest level of concern...

Ordnance, If you are able to get whatever you ask for, then you're a lucky man. Take a look over this video and it may help explain my point

You are obviously are having problems with what i said every thing in order (every thing in order) So to save you looking up the words in the dictionary. Everything included paper work appropriate land to shoot on caliber ect and all the other checks. (Everything) .

Quote form earlier post. 17 hmr but been told the fire arms guy round my area dose not like .

Just because the FEO doesn't like a caliber is irrelevant that is not a reason for turning down your application.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me all the difficulties there are in getting a FAC. And getting variations on that FAC maybe its you. I have Had a FAC for 30 years and i have never had a problem getting a firearm on it of different types and calibers.

If anybody can make sense of what you just wrote then fair play to them. You never asked me to provide you with a list of difficulties that you may come up against when applying for an FAC. I could make quite a 'substantial' list if you wanted, but you probably wouldn't understand any of the logic applied to the reasons for refusal. Your FEO cannot refuse based on a dislike of a particular calibre, but he can certainly circumvent and offer an alternative reason for refusal, even though the real reason might be his dislike of a calibre. In any case an FEO that does such things shouldn't be in the job.

I have never had any bother getting variations myself, but just because you say you haven't had any trouble doesn't mean others will be as fortunate. Such as the OP.

You are obviously are having problems with what i said every thing in order (every thing in order) So to save you looking up the words in the dictionary. Everything included paper work appropriate land to shoot on caliber ect and all the other checks. (Everything) .

Quote form earlier post. 17 hmr but been told the fire arms guy round my area dose not like .

I think the problem is that the Police forces around the country vary so much in what is ok an what is not. There is no set rule, the Home Office guidance I posted up a bit earlier in itself is so vague. The annoying thing is that those that are luckily enough to have an understanding force seem to think the ones that are in areas that make up silly conditions are at fault themselves and maybe have some underlying issues to bring on these restrictions.

We all need to see the whole picture, like for instance, a mate wanted a 243 to shoot fox and deer, he'd been using his 223 for a few years but want a one for one variation. The FEO told him he needed DSC1, he rang BASC who advised he went on a few paid stalks and just applied for it. This he did, application sent back and told to do DSC1, this he did and then got a mentoring condition on the 243.It goes against the grain abit when people tell you the police can't do this but they can. I'm lucky, I have what I want,open from .22lr to 308 and can shoot vermin,fox,goats,deer and wild boar, its not been straight forward getting to this point though, so those of you who are lucky just understand it can be a right xxxx for others outside your county. :good:

I can't see what this pizzin contest is doing for the OP.

I got the impression the OP might have miss-understood his FEO, who seemingly does not like the idea of accepting FOX as a good reason to acquire a 17HMR. As FOX is considered under separate criteria than vermin in firearms considerations then we can't really blame the FEO. It's not his fault the guidance suggests there is insufficient energy to do a fox.

Not that I know much about the whole situation, but I'm sure that Northern Irish FEOs must be on the highest level of concern...

Ordnance, If you are able to get whatever you ask for, then you're a lucky man. Take a look over this video and it may help explain my point

That clip makes some good point lol. :lol:

I can't see what this pizzin contest is doing for the OP.

I got the impression the OP might have miss-understood his FEO, who seemingly does not like the idea of accepting FOX as a good reason to acquire a 17HMR. As FOX is considered under separate criteria than vermin in firearms considerations then we can't really blame the FEO. It's not his fault the guidance suggests there is insufficient energy to do a fox.

Are you not allowed to shoot foxes in the UK with 17 HMR. ?

Edited by ordnance

If anybody can make sense of what you just wrote then fair play to them. You never asked me to provide you with a list of difficulties that you may come up against when applying for an FAC. I could make quite a 'substantial' list if you wanted, but you probably wouldn't understand any of the logic applied to the reasons for refusal. Your FEO cannot refuse based on a dislike of a particular calibre, but he can certainly circumvent and offer an alternative reason for refusal, even though the real reason might be his dislike of a calibre. In any case an FEO that does such things shouldn't be in the job.

I have never had any bother getting variations myself, but just because you say you haven't had any trouble doesn't mean others will be as fortunate. Such as the OP.

What part can you not make sense of and i will see if i can help you if its going over your head.

Read the op-s post again he didn't say he had problems he hasn't applied yet just that the FEO DIDENT LIKE A CERTIN CALIBER.

Not in Essex!!

TEH

Not true; just not possibly with an Essex ticket - if someone from outside with a different ticket conditioned for fox shoots there, all perfectly legal. How stupid?

Also - fox IS vermin - the police HO guidelines are not part of the FAC document, nor are they referenced, nor is anything else referenced by an FAC. Therefore, the FAC conditions stating vermin means the common definition of that word, under which the fox qualifies.

Are you not allowed to shoot foxes in the UK with 17 HMR. ?

Your post reads like you aren't in the UK. last I looked, and policed in the 1970's, N. Ireland is also part of the UK.

HMR for fox varies from county to county. Some do, some don't. My personal view is that, although it kills foxes well under the right conditions, it's not consistent enough. When I had one I had several runners when even a .22lr would have put them down As has been said, .22wmr would be a better option for a rimfire.

Now lets hear from the "I've killed 7000 foxes at 500 yards headshot with one shot one kill brigade". :good: