Fuming I am!!!

-=JR=-

I bought a brand new shiny silver Skoda Octavia VRS on Tuesday.

The missus has just phoned and told me some bloody woman has reversed into the side of it.

I'm just off to smash my head against a wall... :welcomeani::good::P:lol::lol:

Look on the bright side.....if your lucky the woman might even be insured, unlike the little chav that reversed into my Son's car at Easter. :o :o :(

They are definately getting worse and as mossy predicts, will get worse still :welcomeani:

P.

PS Back from France and boy do they love bikers out there, some to the point of nearly going off road just to get out of your way. Hurrah the French :good:

I think your all looking over the important fact. It was a skoda :rolleyes:
That badge is actually a sophisticated anti-theft device - 180bhp Turbo and no-one will nick it 'cause its a Skoda :good:

I've calmed down a bit now I've seen the damage. A new door should be enough to put it right. But how the hell do you not see a bloody great sparkling silver car on a sunny day like today?! :angry:

I think your all looking over the important fact. It was a skoda :lol:

That badge is actually a sophisticated anti-theft device - 180bhp Turbo and no-one will nick it 'cause its a Skoda :lol:

I've calmed down a bit now I've seen the damage. A new door should be enough to put it right. But how the hell do you not see a bloody great sparkling silver car on a sunny day like today?! :angry:

Ask the woman who pulled out in front of my MOTORBIKE the same question.

Lights on

Indicators going

bright red bike jacket on

sunny clear day

her excuse when i went for a Burton was ("sorry i didn't see you") :lol:

The policeman took her details and about a week n a half later i got a letter from HQ telling me the woman showed " poor judgment " it took near 2 weeks for them to come to the conclusion I came to within less than a second of unpowerd flight over her car :good:

Scratch one Kawak Ninja :lol:

and 2 years previous on the NEXT roundabout up (about 700 yards) ANOTHER one did the same but luckily i was in a car at the time.

She just kept on motoring away after the incident and when i eventually caught up and told her to pull over HER excuse was

I didn't feel a thing!!!

So i pointed out the huge crater in the side of her car and mine being devoid of lights grille and my bodywork mangled :oops:

Makes you wonder :rolleyes:

LG

How do you double the value of a skoda

put petrol in it :good::lol:

I do believe that you are having a pop at VW, naughty naughty you'll upset the Germans :oops:

Ft

and audi and lamborghini

nothing wrong with skoda's :lol:

Try the price :angry:

They started out as a run of the mill down to earth car comapny and when VW had a hand in there they took the preverbial urine with their price hikes :rolleyes:

I for one wont be buying a Skoda on sheer principal

LG

LG,

The same thing happened to me. Out for a Sunday ride with the girl friend on the back, so I was actually riding within the 60mph limit! Oncoming car appears to stop for a right hand turn accross my path, then just as we approach the junction out it pulls and hits me dead on. It was a typical overcast but dry day and my head lights were on.

No justice, after crushing the wifes back and me being left for dead and in a coma for 4 weeks, before finally leaving the hospital 3 months later with a few extra metal plates holding things together, I learn that the guy got 3 points and £150 fine. :rolleyes:

As for the Skoda, well its proving poular with the local taxi cab firms. I did have a look at one, wasnt my cup of tea. Good peice of engineering but sadly let down with the interior quality. Good value for money though. :angry:

My mates just been written off by a Turk driver who works at a local take away, the mate is 3rd party insurance the Turk has none, nor tax nor MOT, Police say he has two chances of getting a new car, slim and none and slim is out of town! The car is on the never never and he has three years to pay for a car he cant drive and no fault of his own!

a new door sounds a better bet

My mates just been written off by a Turk driver who works at a local take away, the mate is 3rd party insurance the Turk has none, nor tax nor MOT, Police say he has two chances of getting a new car, slim and none and slim is out of town! The car is on the never never and he has three years to pay for a car he cant drive and no fault of his own!

a new door sounds a better bet

Pav

Get him to give his insurers a ring and INSIST they let him have the details of the NO FAULT claim division.

Little known fact is there is a scheme running (a lot of them dont want you knowing about) where some of the premiums are sent to another body for non fault accidents such as your friends.

Get him to take a stroll to the Citizens advice bureau (spelling) and have a word with them.

The law as it stands stinks and i think people who drive uninsured should face a real stiff penalty and in the case of Migrant workers they should be deported

LG

Thing is, they are being paid with Tax payers money, so therfore we would be paying. I think its fair to say that people who drive uninsured should really be made to pay and harsher penalties should be introduced. But unfortunately, with increasing premium costs, kids (and you know who I mean) are less likely to bother. Especially when they have nothing to loose. :angry:

Ask the woman who pulled out in front of my MOTORBIKE the same question.

Lights on

Indicators going

bright red bike jacket on

sunny clear day

her excuse when i went for a Burton was ("sorry i didn't see you") :lol:

The policeman took her details and about a week n a half later i got a letter from HQ telling me the woman showed " poor judgment " it took near 2 weeks for them to come to the conclusion I came to within less than a second of unpowerd flight over her car :rolleyes:

Scratch one Kawak Ninja :good:

Makes you wonder :angry:

LG

Lucky it wasn't a good bike then :lol:;):lol::lol: Only joking LG :oops:

Seriously, I honestly believe that the standard of driving on our roads is getting much worse. My Wife, Son and myself have all been involved in no fault of our own accidents in an 11 month period. :good: