Night Vision.

Spara Dritto

If you wanted a night vision attachment to your scope, are they any good and what’s the rough price range?

I've heard people talking about them, but not sure on the quality.

We are only talking air rifle range - max 50 yards on quarry mainly rabbits.

Any advice would be great.

pulsar gs challenger and dsa with a cheap ir will do your airgun ranges for about 400 quid new ! i use this set up but with a high power laser and i use it on my hmr and i can shoot rabbits to 120 YARDS great unit !

I use an old sony camcorder on my air rifle, I got it cheap as it had stopped recording properly (£10). It's the Sony cams with nightshot that you need as they can switch to infrared. You will need an infrared light source, laser etc but I use a 12v spot with ir filter. The Sony optics are good and the range is better than air rifle distances.

My set-up cost less than £20 and I've had great success with it, but it is a bit heavy, and ugly.

I use a Cobra Merlin with day scope adaptor. For added IR, I use a scope mounted Blaserlite lamp with IR filter attached. This set up allows me to see, and shoot up to 200+yards. Not the cheapest of NV devices, but excellent quality.

Remember that most add on NV monoculars etc, must be used with a parallax adjustable scope to work properly.

matt's looks like a good set up! very similar to mine apart from my night vision being a cheap bresser of ebay (£51) as new! attached by a 2 1/2" hard rubber waste pipe with jubalee clips either end (£3) from b&q, a 2 1/2" - 30mm converter from the local plumbing shop to attacth the other end to the scope (£2.50), and a 37mm infrared camera filter that i have put on my led lenser torch that is mounted to the rifle (£8.99), i'v had many a rabbit in the past month i'v been using it! and you dont always need a px adjustable scope as you can manualy adjust the px on most scopes by unscrewing the front lens and winding it out, will pop a pic up later.

have you got pics falcon? That sounds a little better for me. Im not too up for spending hundreds and hundreds

Here is the pic I posted on here some time ago, it won't win any beauty contests but if you spend a bit and get a decent (and smaller) ir illuminator then you won't need the hulking great lump that I have on mine.

If you can get a smallish camcorder with nightshot (0 lux) they will work very well.

post-20802-0-17100500-1322056691.jpg

Here is the pic I posted on here some time ago, it won't win any beauty contests but if you spend a bit and get a decent (and smaller) ir illuminator then you won't need the hulking great lump that I have on mine.

If you can get a smallish camcorder with nightshot (0 lux) they will work very well.

Falcon,

How have you attached the camcorder to the rear of your scope?? I have never seen this done before and as I have an old Sony DVD cam (with Nightshot mode) in the loft.... I am going to have to give this a try. :good:

Falcon,

How have you attached the camcorder to the rear of your scope?? I have never seen this done before and as I have an old Sony DVD cam (with Nightshot mode) in the loft.... I am going to have to give this a try. :good:

apparently it works very well mate need a n1000 laser too tho what will cost ya another 145 quid from night vision scopes.com thenu will be seeing in the dark over 100 yards

Edited by Matt Gould

Right I am there! Camera out the loft and working fine + it has nightshot plus.... Just going to order a ir led my led ray gl2 torch.

Just need to figure how mount the cam to the back of the scope???

I attached mine via a split steel tube that I rivited onto a metal lens hood, then I use a jubilee clip to tighten it to the scope (I also have a thin strip of rubber between the scope and mount so it won't scratch it), but I'm sure there are better ways to do it. If you move the scope as far forward as it will go you will get a more comfotable shooting position. Also, I use the viewfinder and not the screen as the light from the screen lights up your face too much.