Seeing dogs at night.

Guinea Fowl

What do you guys use to see/find your dogs at night, especially on walks.

I seem to spend a lot of time on the beach, whether that is fishing or bait digging, but seeing anything outside the beam of your headlamp is impossible, never mind a very active springer running around.

I saw these illuminated dog collars from pets at home, they come in green(ish) and a pink colour, they flash or stay on, do anyone use them? if so which colour is best for seeing at night?

Any other ideas.

Cheers GF

All mine have the LED visiglo collars. We've got white, green and red flashing ones (white are the best). They are fantastic, I've had mine for about 5 years. I can see all 3 in the dark and no need for a torch!

It must be a bit disconcerting for some of the people we meet when my 3 illuminating hounds run towards them like a scene out of the Hound of the Baskervilles!

My missus bought one of the flashing collars from petsathome and uses it all the time when she is out on the dark with our mutt. I don't generally bother, I have a torch with me but generally I can hear her snorting and grunting when she has found her dummy and is on her way back to me! (the dog I mean!)

Thanks for the replies chaps, seeing the dog going for walkies around the house/woods is no problem but the beaches around here can me miles of empty space, with the 10m+ tidal range, so it can be really dark when you are out there as there are no light from nearby towns.

Will get one of the flashy LED collars just for peace of mind :good:

I don't worry about mine, the springer stays so close I regularly kick her on the chin, the pointer goes awol if allowed to but always comes back to the whistle, as long as she's downwind and the sound carries to her :rolleyes: she can go a loooong way on her quests. I did buy her a hi-vis neckerchief with flouro' strips on it when she was a pup as she'd magically vanish at night and was not the most reliable for returning, until she was ready.....that would show up well in torchlight and could be seen at reasonable distances without :good: