better 24 hrs can make

swiss.tony

I think the issue of shooting Hares legitimately or not has been done to death. excuse the pun :lol:;)

All I would say is that if you go out lamping Hares on land where you have written permission make sure that permission is given by the Land Owner who is the only one who has legal right to issue permission to shoot ground game at night, and be totally confident of your position.

Personally I wouldnt post pictures up of wholescale Hare slaughter its such an immotive subject amongst shooters let alone the Animal rights activists.....just post up " Hares lamped PM me for pictures"

The subject of whether Hares are actually Game or Pest and the validity of shooting them under the auspices of the latter is also brought into question. Most of the landowners I know who have had large population density of Hares on arable land in the past dont consider them as pests and wont have them shot, the local college did run a pack of beagles for many years though but they didnt normally catch many.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The subject of whether Hares are actually Game or Pest and the validity of shooting them under the auspices of the latter is also brought into question

Why is it, Pest or game, they can be shot by lamp light, end of.

the only question that should be asked is are they on enclosed land or not.

Edited by markbivvy

I think the issue of shooting Hares legitimately or not has been done to death. excuse the pun :lol:;)

All I would say is that if you go out lamping Hares on land where you have written permission make sure that permission is given by the Land Owner who is the only one who has legal right to issue permission to shoot ground game at night, and be totally confident of your position.

Personally I wouldnt post pictures up of wholescale Hare slaughter its such an immotive subject amongst shooters let alone the Animal rights activists.....just post up " Hares lamped PM me for pictures"

The subject of whether Hares are actually Game or Pest and the validity of shooting them under the auspices of the latter is also brought into question. Most of the landowners I know who have had large population density of Hares on arable land in the past dont consider them as pests and wont have them shot, the local college did run a pack of beagles for many years though but they didnt normally catch many.

why hes done nowt wrong ,better still to the ones who dont agree dont read simples

Yes he has permission to shoot hears under the lamp. I carnt get my head around why you carnt understand this. No tony dosent shoot deer under the lamp. Just because your farmer dosent let/want you to lamp hears dosent mean that others carnt. Some farmers think hears are in the same league as rabbits a pest. One of my farmers asks I shoot all pheasants on his land because they are a pest.

RIGHT lets put this to bed its doing my head in i shoot 11 farms covering more than 10,000 acres and 2 of them are full on shooting estates i have written permission to any thing day or night other than deer every farmer wants not a single hare as they had nothing but problems with gippo s drive-in round there fields in 4x4 s but this is the

1st year we had nothing at all and that is due to me completely clearing them

in the last 3 years we have shot over a 1000 and that's no lie shooting them with rifle is a lot better than having hare drives with shot guns and smashing there back legs off with cr ap shots

im totally sick and tired off muppets slaging me off just cause they love hare s there just a pest in my book that need getting rid off or farmers will just get some 1 else in and that wont happen iv took at lest 10 people out off this site and thanks to all lads who have said positive comments as far as im concerned iv done nothing wrong

This thread is now CLOSED AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED or and ps ill be targeting small rabbits and baby pigeon s soon ill post pics soon love and kisses

swiss

Edited by swiss.tony