My new scatter gun

dunganick

davej,

I only got the extended chokes (teagues) today, and ive only done 120 rounds today, so cant say really, but i did notice i would either break things well or completely miss them (that sounds stupid, but its true)

you get a better more even spread of shot with the teagues, and there are less flyers from the main pattern, so less clays just fall in half. You either break them well or you dont.

I also felt a slight bit less recoil (very slight) just a little less snappy.

AP,

Its a 30" mate, and im chuffed to bits, glad i didnt go with the 28", the 30" slows my swing down nicely and it ballences right over the hinge.

nope as yet it is still a purely clay killing machine

hopefully also put that right friday

dont worry i have a lovely side by side baikal you can use. Its got ejectors...... its the luxury model :good: and they even work

Ah sounds cool. Never tried a side-by-side yet :yes:

davej,

I only got the extended chokes (teagues) today, and ive only done 120 rounds today, so cant say really, but i did notice i would either break things well or completely miss them (that sounds stupid, but its true)

you get a better more even spread of shot with the teagues, and there are less flyers from the main pattern, so less clays just fall in half. You either break them well or you dont.

I also felt a slight bit less recoil (very slight) just a little less snappy.

AP,

Its a 30" mate, and im chuffed to bits, glad i didnt go with the 28", the 30" slows my swing down nicely and it ballences right over the hinge.

lovely looking gun Nick, you must have a grin from ear to ear, good furniture too :good:

as t oyour chokes, the teagues are a good tube as are most aftermarket tube, the trick is matching the right tube to your barrels, you will find the Miroku are Jap barrels (Browning, Winchester ,Miroku ) these are larger than most others in bore size, if you have them gauged you may find a size around .740" and up, an example to compare are Berreta around .728" this larger bore allows the shot to expand/relax more before going into the choke restriction, having played with a lot of combo's i can tell you the optima (Berreta) ext are awsome for pattern, as are the after market Browning ext, Teagues,Briley and other custom tube makers have a huge selection out there, if you have a large check book you be playing/buying for years , again nice gun Nick, take good care of it :yes:

Martin

thanks martin,

I havent patterned them yet, and i will go to the trouble of trying them against different shells to try and find the best combo, but i suspect they will pattern more evenly than the stock tubes do.

Yes i am grining from ear to ear, at the moment the gun is sleeping better than me :yes:

I had my mornings tuition with it on saturday and it was singing for me. 120 birds and about 90 broken (albeit shooting more than 10 on alot of stands untill i was centering the birds properly). The instructor suggested that there was nothing wrong with my technique, besides moving my feet apart a bit, and i would be best of just getting a few more thousands rounds of experiance under my belt with the new gun and then go back after a bit for some more advanced tuition on some of the more complex aspects of the sport.

Looks like a lovely gun mate. The teagues are the biz i think for patterns. I also looks a good piece of wood as well. And its good that you are happy with it too now you have used it. I also have an Mk60 and its great to. But dont forget to look after it and keep it clean and it will go for many a year. good luck friday ifyou go as well. :yes::good:

Nick,

Nice gun, I hope it gives you many years of breaking clays. Fantastic wood on it.

Question for the last engineer,

Surely and I admit I don't know this but If Teague or Briley make the chokes to suit a particular make, ie Browning miroku or berretta then they must take into account the differing bores?

If not then what would be a half choke on a berretta would be a quarter choke on a browning. Or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

Cheers

Martin

Nick,

Nice gun, I hope it gives you many years of breaking clays. Fantastic wood on it.

Question for the last engineer,

Surely and I admit I don't know this but If Teague or Briley make the chokes to suit a particular make, ie Browning miroku or berretta then they must take into account the differing bores?

If not then what would be a half choke on a berretta would be a quarter choke on a browning. Or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

Cheers

Martin

yes Martin they do, sorry for the delay in answering, cant seem to get notification of posts working, spend all my time surfing now.

anyway teague and briley,as do others, manufacture to the gun, if you read a previous post

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...pic=18013&st=45

you will see listed the bore size's of various guns, these obviously need to be taken into consideration as you correctly said, having said that dont exclude the ability of these manufacturers to custom build chokes to your specific gun, dollar and cents rising of cource, having match fit tubes would obviously be the best senario thus pro fitting and patterning test results being the proof, most aftermarket tubes will preform well, though dont be suprised in finding a flyer among them, i have thrown out 5 inv+ aftermarkets having found them ecentric to the threaded o/d.

having the most expensive set of tubes does not nessasarily mean your gun will shoot straight, always pattern your tubes with this in mind, any damage to the tube, especialy ext'd will effect your shot pattern, take care of them as you would the gun itself.

Martin

lovely gun that nick,do the mk70 use invector plus or invector ,also does it shoot flat like the browning 525 or more like the 425/325 ie let you see a bit more of the target over he barrels?

btw that is an exceptional stock even for a grade 3.

plinker