Just wanted to share this

ttalbot09

@wharfrat , what do you currently have?, im using a edgar brothers opti-mate, 4-16x50 it is very clear, iv had previous scopes that were no wear near as good especially in low light, this scope seems to be up there with some very expensive scopes out of my price range, :good:

I am using a cheapo Hawke on a couple at the moment, with an equally cheap Nikko on another. To be honest the Nikko is 20 years old and works fine, as does one of the Hawkes, but they don't inspire very much. After having probs with other Hawkes, I want to buy something with a bit better quality control. Some of the cheap stuff with variable mag loses its poi when you up the magnification.

I just looked for the Opti-mate online - apparently they are discontinued. I am thinking of getting an MTC instead. I am guessing that the guarantee on the opti is for the original purchaser only?

I am using a cheapo Hawke on a couple at the moment, with an equally cheap Nikko on another. To be honest the Nikko is 20 years old and works fine, as does one of the Hawkes, but they don't inspire very much. After having probs with other Hawkes, I want to buy something with a bit better quality control. Some of the cheap stuff with variable mag loses its poi when you up the magnification.

I just looked for the Opti-mate online - apparently they are discontinued. I am thinking of getting an MTC instead. I am guessing that the guarantee on the opti is for the original purchaser only?

oh i see i didnt realise they were discontinued. i once wanted the MTCs and i went and picked my self some up baring in mind they are the same price range as the edgarbros i now use. but found i wasnt happy with the lens quality myself, (but thats just my view) they were also to heavy and big, so i went back to the shop with them and after having all the scopes out looking down the road through them :lol: :lol: i settled on the edgarbros optimate, but im not up to date with whats on the range lately, although nikko have quality lenses :yes:

Since looking into them I think it is real shame that they were discontinued - they seem very popular and well made. Yes the Nikko has a nice clear picture, but is unfortunately low mag. Bought that one with my pocket money! :lol:

im sure you can still get them by going to the individual shops who havnt yet sold out of them! :good: