******* KIA

Wildfowler12

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going slightly off tangent...I have a 1.3 petrol Toyota Yaris, my average mpg, according to the computer is about 45mpg. When my wife drives a similar journey she cannot manage to achieve any where near 45 mpg, she normally manages about 38 mpg.

But I would not expect a 4x4 to be economical at all. Do you really need one?

same as my lass...i get 53MPG..she gets 42mpg...and she wonders why i keep moaning at her to change gear and ease off the right foot

Going slightly off tangent...I have a 1.3 petrol Toyota Yaris, my average mpg, according to the computer is about 45mpg. When my wife drives a similar journey she cannot manage to achieve any where near 45 mpg, she normally manages about 38 mpg.

But I would not expect a 4x4 to be economical at all. Do you really need one?

thats bloody awful!

I have a 2.2 IDTEC honda CRV and average > 38 and thats belting up and down the motorway driving like an ****, if I go steady I can achieve 42-45.

Thats said I brought a bmw 118d some time ago. Manufacturer spec said it would do >70mpg customer service said I was well above fleet average @48! BMW's attitude was so what, we have your money and were no longer interested. Its not just the japs that arent helpful none of them are interested once they have your money...

Many of the big OEM's have been sued (and Lost) recently because of this. (unfortunately not by me) BMW is a prime example. Thats in a european court so precedence is set!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

thats bloody awful!

I have a 2.2 IDTEC honda CRV and average > 38 and thats belting up and down the motorway driving like an ****, if I go steady I can achieve 42-45.

Thats said I brought a bmw 118d some time ago. Manufacturer spec said it would do >70mpg customer service said I was well above fleet average @48! BMW's attitude was so what, we have your money and were no longer interested. Its not just the japs that arent helpful none of them are interested once they have your money...

Many of the big OEM's have been sued (and Lost) recently because of this. (unfortunately not by me) BMW is a prime example. Thats in a european court so precedence is set!

Matt

The same Yaris driving on the motorway at a steady 75-80mph still does 45mpg :good:

On slow A roads, ie; busy I can get 48mpg but I cannot manage 50mpg :hmm:

I used to have an earlier 1 litre Yaris which would do over 60mpg most of the time but it was not as quiet or refined as my 1.3.

I bought a 2007 KIA Sportage a few months ago for £8250. Top spec Titan model, 2.0 petrol engine. The manufacturers guide says it'll do 35mpg on a combined cycle. 40+ on the motorway. Well I've run it dry maybe 15 times since buying it and the very best return I have got was 26mpg.

The KIA dealer was made aware right from the off and have replaced various hoses and pipes each time with the promise, it's sorted now. Each time, still the same on economy.

I have to work out my mileage and consumption weekly with work and KIA have asked me to do several 100mile consumption tests (all at my cost) and still, results of between 20-25mpg (I stress here that 70% is motorway miles at 60mph in cruise control).

After all this they now say that there is a 50% tolerance limit on thier quoted economy figures, and because 20mpg half of thier quoted figures they will not do anything!!

I have owned 5 cars since passing my test and I'm not stupid enough to think that they will all achieve thier economy stats, however all the rest are usually only 4-5mpg out. This is ridiculous.

I get about 260 to a tank costing £60+ a go. Now I want my money back but feel I've probably got no chance at all. It seems you can return anything you ever buy unless it's a car!!

Does anybody know where I stand? What are trading standards likely to say about the issue? I'll be calling them tonight.

Rant over, thanks in advance...

I was talking to one of my collegues from our York facility last week - I noticed that he had a new Kia the same as yours & asked him about fuel consumption. He told me initialy it was **** but after a few miles under it's belt the fuel consumption has nearly doubled :yes::good:

I've calmed down about it now, having looked around it seems that all the 2.0 petrol models get around 26mpg so mine is no less economical than the rest, it makes the published figures laughable. Honest John has a section where published figures are compared to real life figures, KIA are considerably worse than every one else. Lesson learnt for next time anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL a mate was working in "north Africa" they firm rented them a load Tucson 2WD Auto petrols he said they were awful but the 2.7litre Hilux was good fun! (they were paying 10p ish a litre for fuel) and if they had been there longer something 5-6litre was on the cards as a pool car.

I know a mate with a CRV 2.0litre Auto and that gets good economy (for a petrol auto 4x4 on reasonable M+S tyres) 30+

I had one of those,2.0lt petrol auto,best i ever got was 26mpg,got shot of it,we have a kia sportage diesal,best i think is around 33mpg,pretty rubbish

thats bloody awful!

Matt

I have a BMW 118d as well,best i can manage,driving very carefully is 54mpg

I've calmed down about it now, having looked around it seems that all the 2.0 petrol models get around 26mpg so mine is no less economical than the rest, it makes the published figures laughable. Honest John has a section where published figures are compared to real life figures, KIA are considerably worse than every one else. Lesson learnt for next time anyway.

i was geting better than that out of my old 200tdi :blink: somthing to be said about new cars!!!

I worked in R&D for Ford for 25 years + in the late 70's fuel consumption was measured by fitting the thinest tyres inflated to high pressure , an 8 stone driver taking out the spare wheel and jack even emptying the washer bottle and testing on a flat track in perfect weather. By the 90's it was on computer driven vehicles on rolling roads. The figures quoted have been attained but not in real life, in reality they are worthless.

We did in the end test drive a 1.6 petrol Kia Sportage, what a ***. The wind noise at 60 mph was deafening, we just drove back to the dealers gave him the keys and walked off. Picked up her new Hyundai this afternoon, but not an IX35.