15 year old seeking help with what air rifle to buy

Chrisyboy

I've got an airgun and I'm 15, in fact i got my first airgun when i was around 9, and i was allowed you use it without supervision in the woods around my house.

To be honest I've never seen a copper any where near where I live so I don't really care if it's breaking some pointless law

I also carry it along the road, without covering it and no one cares either

I've got an airgun and I'm 15, in fact i got my first airgun when i was around 9, and i was allowed you use it without supervision in the woods around my house.

To be honest I've never seen a copper any where near where I live so I don't really care if it's breaking some pointless law

Good for you, just like the good ole' day's. The days before everyone was deemed a criminal before they had actually committed a crime. A time when everyone was deemed innocent untill proven guilty. A time when folk had respect and honour instead of relying on big brother in a nanny state to supply the answers.

Excellent :yes:

U.

While I dont agree with the law, it is law, and as much as "I don't really care if it's breaking some pointless law

I also carry it along the road, without covering it and no one cares either" You and no one else cares I am sure a conviction/caution for an offence would put a dampner on life at some point perhaps not till many years in the future! I really do hope you have permission to be in the woods and that they are privately owned.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/183850-poachers-on-my-land/page__view__findpost__p__1555805

At least now we know your 15 (cant legally own property in the UK until 18) and full of erm now what's that stuff :hmm:

PS how is the FAC application going? http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/184695-what-should-i-get/page__view__findpost__p__1563471 not much further if the FEO reads this I'll be guessing (Oh and yes they do read the forum as do other agencies) and the IP address you posted from will be logged!

Good for you, just like the good ole' day's. The days before everyone was deemed a criminal before they had actually committed a crime. A time when everyone was deemed innocent untill proven guilty. A time when folk had respect and honour instead of relying on big brother in a nanny state to supply the answers.

Excellent :yes:

U.

cheers mate, yeah i think even if the police decided to stop me, in court i doubt any judge would feels it neccesary to lock me up

You've got to love the naivety of youth :unsure:

I grew up with freedom like that in rural Wales, walking along the street with my air rifle, shooting where ever it was safe and nobody batted an eyelid.......would I do it these days......not for all the tea in china.

A conviction for a firearms offence will really screw your life up, doesn't matter whether the judge wants to lock you up or not.

While I dont agree with the law, it is law, and as much as "I don't really care if it's breaking some pointless law

I also carry it along the road, without covering it and no one cares either" You and no one else cares I am sure a conviction/caution for an offence would put a dampner on life at some point perhaps not till many years in the future! I really do hope you have permission to be in the woods and that they are privately owned.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/183850-poachers-on-my-land/page__view__findpost__p__1555805

At least now we know your 15 (cant legally own property in the UK until 18) and full of erm now what's that stuff :hmm:

PS how is the FAC application going? http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/184695-what-should-i-get/page__view__findpost__p__1563471 not much further if the FEO reads this I'll be guessing (Oh and yes they do read the forum as do other agencies) and the IP address you posted from will be logged!

Excellent I hope they track me down, and yes it is my land, and I do own it

anyway how do you know its not a private road as well ?

Hell fella, good luck with your FAC application now.

It doesnt matter how safely and legitimately you are using your gun you MUST keep with in the law. Okay yeh you think its fine, everyone knows you, noone calls the police, but what about the people who dont know you? or that car that took a wrong turning? Its not worth the risk! you'll find you will loose you hobby and quite possibly allot of money and even some time. Dont be stupid, i know "nanny state gone mad" but respect the law, not everyone is as understanding as the forums. Most of us actually enjoy shooting, and i'd like to enjoy it for a few more years.

The law isnt pointless at all. It doesnt even need explaining just engage you brain Stick it in a slip. and get your mum or dad to take it up to your permission..

The scary thing is when you have a shotgun or a rifle is the law still pointless? if the answer to that is yes, i bloody hope they refuse you.

dont be a D***head.

sorry for the rant guys, hate to muddy the water but just my opinion.

Flippen 'ek.

The law is the law, like it or not, (AND ON THE WHOLE I CERTAINLY DON'T), and any conviction/caution for anything gun related is bad.

We all did lots of things in the "old days" that we can't do now (legally), get used to it and lets not argue about it!

:good::good::good: