pigeon on rape yet ?

Matt Gould

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We walked about 1500 of one field last Friday after the farmer rang to say it was blue about (70 acre) field...

They just lifted and moved round the field a few times so we set up but they would not decoy after 2 hours without firing a shot

we packed up and had a ride round the field again to put them off they just picked up and landed where we had just being set up

so just left them to it... :angry:

Yes good few showing on rape now got 1 field which looks good just got to get the keeper on side for me to have a bash .I had 80 on tuesday on rape and now had over 300 on the same field in 4 outings :yes:

How are you managing these numbers when others are struggling to even get them to decoy? 80 in one session and 300 in 4 sessions. Do you know something i dont? Are you lucky or are you telling porkies?

How are you managing these numbers when others are struggling to even get them to decoy? 80 in one session and 300 in 4 sessions. Do you know something i dont? Are you lucky or are you telling porkies?

Look in sporting pics you will see my posts in there from over the lsat few weeks on the rape . Pigeons a plenty round here and over th last 2 sats have shot near 200 on beet tops with another member off this site . doing the homework is th key and making sure all other food stuf around the area is covered by other guns ,flags, bangers and kites ,being where the birds wont to be and being under the flightline and being there before the birds are will give you the best chance of shooting good bags .

Dont get me wrong things dont always go to plan as today has shown had been watching good numbers (600plus) on wheat stubble but with the strong wind things did not go to plan with only 6 shot before calling it a day .

I think you will find Tom knows his oats :yes: :yes: Bagging a few is one thing, consistantly getting largish bags is knowing your job :yes:

I think you will find Tom knows his oats :yes: :yes: Bagging a few is one thing, consistantly getting largish bags is knowing your job :yes:

as the man says Pro Tom knows his stuff. he and the boys from Birmingham are the most consistent in bagging the birds on this site. I wouldn't think luck has anything to do with it.

Was out today in North Northumberland.Pigeons all feeding on rape but in flocks of about 50 so one shot and there off.by 10 oclock it was over. Got 6.You have to be ready in the hide by first light.

hopefuly now the pigeons are getting about more on rape, farmers will start to put more bangers, flags, scare crows, and get more people shooting them to keep them moving about more