pigeon on rape yet ?

Matt Gould

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when ur shooting that is to keep the birds moving, if there is fields what had no methods of scaring them whats to say when your shooting the dont get up and feed on that field ?

better if you read what your trying to say BEFORE posting, then we might understand what you are saying this makes no sence at all :angry::stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Edited by browning n spaniel

i understand what matts saying it does help if there is some bangers, gas guns or shooters out,in the area, or even on a rape field close by it will keep em moving and stop them settling on a field nearby that you can,t get at , shot many times with someone at the other end of the same field, and it stopped them settling out of range and produced a bag or 2 :good:

better if you read what your trying to say BEFORE posting, then we might understand what you are saying this makes no sence at all :angry::stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

opps :oops: Im stupid

i understand what matts saying it does help if there is some bangers, gas guns or shooters out,in the area, or even on a rape field close by it will keep em moving and stop them settling on a field nearby that you can,t get at , shot many times with someone at the other end of the same field, and it stopped them settling out of range and produced a bag or 2 :good:

Thats esacly what i ment, thanks for helping me bud :good:

defo needs bangers out or lot more people out shooting at same time, set up today on rape, 300 odd feeding when i got there, 2 shots and they just dropped into another field ,3 fields behind me, ent sin them since :sly:

Putting bangers out on the day you are shooting is the way to do things. Pointless putting them out all the time.

If there were 300 birds on the field when you arrived, i'd suggest you turned up too late.

They (pigeons) have been on the rape since late November in Yorkshire, and as I understand from a colleague, same in Northants; obviously not on EVERY rape field but the ones they fancy, for whatever reason!!!!!!!!!!

I have been driving around most parts of Northants and I haven't seen a single Pigeon on Rape anywhere. Where abouts in Northants has your mate seen all these Pigeon ???

had some of that, setting up early in the morning before dawn, its fine if you want an hrs shooting and be back home for breakfast, apart from that its a waste of time

I have set up before first light on winter rape and finished with over 100 pigeons on several occassions. Obviously,that doesn't happen every time.

Been out scouting this morning and found birds on rape everywhere i went most being around 1500 on 1 field also some small numbers but hopefully they will build ,also found a good 500 on wheat drilled direct in to rape stuble and a good 200 on some beat tops ,but saw more on rape than anywhere else :yes: