todays zeroing

miffy

Arranged a morning at the range today with Deadeye Ive and took a few pics while i was there.

We booked 3 hours on the range at Garlands shooting ground. The weather was fairly kind to us apart from the wind which was between dead still to 12mph left to right ( Ive has an anemometer :lol: )

post-2584-1149016548.jpg

Ive getting ready to have a shot

post-2584-1149016845.jpg

The range

post-2584-1149016908.jpg

What we had to shoot today :lol:

post-2584-1149016973.jpg

Ive's best group of the day "after some head bashing" shot with ballistic tipped shop bought ammo.( not sure exactly what make etc.)

post-2584-1149017128.jpg

Some of the targets we were shooting at :lol:

post-2584-1149017267.jpg

Three sets of grouping in this pic..the 3 to the right hand side rising diagonally was Ive's first grouping of the day with ammerican eagle 50 Grain hollow points. The group just to the right of centre was my first group of the day with the .243 and the group furthest left is a group Ive did in his .223 with some home loads of mine using 50 Grain Vmax.

post-2584-1149017542.jpg

This is Ive's best group using his .223 Tikka (centre circle)plus a group from the .243 which was shot using Factory 100 grain RWS T Mantel ammunition (left centre). Not sure what most of the other groups were but the bottom left was Ive's .17hmr and the bottom middle was my sako Quad using hornady .17hmr ammo and the bottom right was my quad using remington .17 ammo

In the .243 myself and Ive shot 9 different home loads today using 2 different powders and all grouped under an inch which i was very pleased with as i don't think i have done a really bad group with anything put through the .243 "yet" :good::)

:lol:

Pics turned out well Miffy :lol: ...............If i'd had known you was taking my Pic I would have worn black as it's more slimming :o .........Shows what packing up 30 B/H a day does for you :)

I have them targets in my Garage so I'll mark them up as I remember :lol: Shame I did'nt bring the others back (Black Diamonds )showing my better .17 groups :good:

That T3 .243 of yours is superb mate :lol::lol: ..............I think you've found the Holy Grail of a hunting rifle there because it did'nt make no difference to it what it was fed :o

Enjoyed to -day

Thanks ;)

:lol:

Pics turned out well Miffy :lol: ...............If i'd had known you was taking my Pic I would have worn black as it's more slimming :good: .........Shows what packing up 30 B/H a day does for you :)

I have them targets in my Garage so I'll mark them up as I remember :lol: Shame I did'nt bring the others back (Black Diamonds )showing my better .17 groups :good:

That T3 .243 of yours is superb mate :lol::lol: ..............I think you've found the Holy Grail of a hunting rifle there because it did'nt make no difference to it what it was fed :o

Enjoyed to -day

Thanks ;)

The .243 is shooting really well and i hope it gets better when its had plenty through it :o

Enjoyed today. Looking forward to getting you over here to do some fox and rabbit shooting.

We need to sort out some long range zeroing too ;):P

I'll sort them videos out for you to have a scan through and we will have to sort out your bullet length to get some homeloads sorted for ya as i have lods of gear left over to get you started.

Let me know when and where and i'll drop the vids of or meet ya half way or summat.

That stripey T Shirt makes you look taller than the 5ft 3" that you are :lol::lol:

What this target shows is Both .223 and .243 in action from being cold .........It also shows what effect this wind had on the calibres as myself and Miffy were both aiming dead centre ..............Note the combination of Scope adjustment + no wind(Rare quiet spell ) with the second .223 homeload group on the left :good:

post-1945-1149022203.jpg

This is Miffys .243 being fired from the prone Posistion and not the bench with different variations of ammo ....... My .223 are from the bench .

post-1945-1149022237.jpg

The range is 95 yds and the wind was inconsistant varying from 3-12 mph Left to right ...........That Anemometer is proving a handy piece of kit :lol: for saying it cost me nowt :lol:

Feel free to amend this Miffy if I've remembered thing wrong :)

Great shoting guys,shame some of use have to go to work!!!

You say black is slimming ive?I,m gonna have to remember that since i to have stopped a 30+ a day habit. :lol:

Jan 13th 2005, how long you gone?

Kenzie

5 years Kenzie and I love me food and beer :):lol::lol::lol: I ain't giving them up for no one :good:

:lol: :o :o

All correct apart from the softpoint groups on the middle left target were factory ammo.

post-2584-1149023629.jpg

Another pic of a .243 group.......was it the wind that affected the group could have been a 1 holer maybe ? (first 3 shots to the right of the bull only)

Great shoting guys,shame some of use have to go to work!!!

You say black is slimming ive?I,m gonna have to remember that since i to have stopped a 30+ a day habit. :lol:

Jan 13th 2005, how long you gone?

Kenzie

5 years Kenzie and I love me food and beer :):lol::lol::lol: I ain't giving them up for no one :good:

:lol: :o :o

Without beer and good food i think they could nail the lid on tonight.

Fair play to you boys

Fair play to you boys

So do you still get the urge to have a fag Kenzie/ Ive :lol:?

i know i do but never will i ever smoke again :lol:

The only time I come close to cracking is on a cold and frosty winters night when out lamping with me Da and we stop for a break .......Flask of Coffee and a couple of Roll ups was the norm :lol: ...........Now I don't stop and drag the old fella round :oops:

feeling really "P",ed off wish i could have come had to go and earn a penny or 2 and sit in on a boring disciplinary course for 3 hours. Kept looking out the window wishing i was outside like being back at school again. :lol:

Nice pictures miffy

Ive wot happened to the HMR WOT HAVE YOU DONE :oops:

The only time I come close to cracking is on a cold and frosty winters night when out lamping with me Da and we stop for a break .......Flask of Coffee and a couple of Roll ups was the norm :/ ...........Now I don't stop and drag the old fella round :lol:

:lol::lol:

feeling really "P",ed off wish i could have come had to go and earn a penny or 2 and sit in on a boring disciplinary course for 3 hours. Kept looking out the window wishing i was outside like being back at school again. :lol:

Nice pictures miffy

Ive wot happened to the HMR WOT HAVE YOU DONE :lol:

Theres always next time we should get into the habit of goin to

the range at least once a month if not more often :oops:

Thats some great shooting fellas. :oops:

Considering the wind was a bit iffy.

Looks like a good day out.

Them Eagles are good arent they? :lol:

I love them me self :lol: , cant beet it for the price. :lol:

Frank.

The eagles shot well Frank but the ballistic tipped stuff won the day......but at 18 quid a box :lol:

Thats some great shooting fellas. :oops:

Considering the wind was a bit iffy.

Looks like a good day out.

Them Eagles are good arent they? :lol:

I love them me self :lol: , cant beet it for the price. :lol:

Frank.

The eagles shot well Frank but the ballistic tipped stuff won the day......but at 18 quid a box :lol:

Yes, true, the Bt shoot great and are fantastic for long range fox, but as you say, you have to pay for it. :/

Im finding the Eagles out to 250yds are champion on fox. :lol:

Frank.

Nice pictures miffy

Ive wot happened to the HMR WOT HAVE YOU DONE :lol:

I'm quite relaxed about that final group as there were better examples on another target but I have to say it still would'nt group as good as the other day :no:But to be fair that day was calmer ............I had some issues with the .223 to sort and that took most of my attention mate :lol:

The Federal BT V- Shok were £19.90 per box :lol: ...............So Miffy it won't be long before I take that offer up on Homeloads :oops:

To all

These pictures indicate a true and honest zeroing session with all the ups and downs of 2 Shooters and their rifles

Fair play to you boys

So do you still get the urge to have a fag Kenzie/ Ive :lol:?

i know i do but never will i ever smoke again :lol:

The only time I come close to cracking is on a cold and frosty winters night when out lamping with me Da and we stop for a break .......Flask of Coffee and a couple of Roll ups was the norm :lol: ...........Now I don't stop and drag the old fella round :oops:

The same for me really ive,but it comes when i'm sat in a hide waiting for the pigeons.

I could still smoke a deck!!!!!

Some good groups from both of you boys :oops:

Ive that group that is strung out high right, did you you shoot them quite quickly?

Just wondering as that is what my Tikka does if I rush a few through it..

I don't think Ive shot that group quickly

The Federal BT V- Shok were £19.90 per box :lol: ...............So Miffy it won't be long before I take that offer up on Homeloads :lol:

To all

These pictures indicate a true and honest zeroing session with all the ups and downs of 2 Shooters and their rifles

No probs mate we can sort as soon as you get time :lol: