Pavmans end of season Game shoot

pavman

As a thankyou for kind assistance given with my bunnie shoot I would like to invite the guns to my end of season shoot, the bag is normally around 35+ head mosstly Fezants, there will be two teams of guns for walk (beating) and stand (shooting) and we should get in 8 drives 4 before lunch and 4 after. Grandalf runs one team myself the other, we have a game cart and all the trappings of the Farm to inc a drafty barn for lunch! we missed a few birds last year as we could not cover the woods and had quite a few running back we never got in the air over the guns. So a few more guns this year should sort that out!

The date is sat Jan 28th so listed below to contact me please with a yes or a no ASAP as I know things get cramped as we all juggle invites. Well behaved working dogs are of course most welcome as long as they remain under control.

GP1 (confirmed)

Bleeh

Billy woodsman

JR 1960 (confirmed)

Decoy 1979

The Duke

Did i miss anyone :blink:

Edited by pavman

Right then just Billy to confirm, where is he his phone is off???

Grandalf (confirmed)

GP1 (confirmed)

Bleeh (confirmed)

Billy woodsman

JR 1960 (confirmed)

Decoy 1979 (confirmed)

The Duke (confirmed)

Did i miss anyone

Edited by pavman

• 4 weeks later...

Guys a couple of questions have come up so just to reiterate if I may this is a Game shoot so required are a game gun and for the dress to be suitable for the day. You don’t have to come in tweed breeks (unless you wish to) but we would like to preserve a minimum standard of etiquette outside yellow builders coats and jeans and the like, hopefully this will not present a problem to anyone

• 3 weeks later...

Got to hand it to 'Grasshopper' (Pavman). He can certainly organise a days shooting. All the guests turned up on time (apart from his own son)! Everything worked like a lightly oiled purdy sidelock. Even the local anti's had been sent an invite and turned up on cue with loudhailer and all the usual abuse and bad language. Everyone had a super time and we all shot one or two birds as well.

Well done Dan - A great way to end the season.

Thanks Dan,had a great day out and shot my very first driven pheasant,give me a shout if you need a hand with any shooting in the future.After some instruction from Grandalf i even managed to get through an electric fence without getting belted as my previous attempt ended with my boot hooked on the top wire looking straight up at the sky surrounded by cow **** still getting belted by the fence.

After some instruction from Grandalf i even managed to get through an electric fence without getting belted as my previous attempt ended with my boot hooked on the top wire looking straight up at the sky surrounded by cow **** still getting belted by the fence.

Sorry, on my earlier communication I forgot to mention the 'cabaret' act.

Thanks Dan,had a great day out and shot my very first driven pheasant,give me a shout if you need a hand with any shooting in the future.After some instruction from Grandalf i even managed to get through an electric fence without getting belted as my previous attempt ended with my boot hooked on the top wire looking straight up at the sky surrounded by cow **** still getting belted by the fence.

Norfolk boys :lol: :lol: :lol: ........any pics :hmm: