how much lead to give pigeons

andrew mabbett

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they are cofused with how much leed and lead :blush: the leed all depends on things like how far away the pigoen is how windy it is what the direction the bird is going at

the length of its neck has to be taken into acount and other things as well

:blink:

I am a little cofused myself :lol:

yes they are cofused with how much leed and lead :blush: the leed all depends on things like how far away the pigoen is how windy it is what the direction the bird is going at

the length of its neck has to be taken into acount and other things as well

The length of a pigeons neck has to be taken into account?!!!!

its the neck of the sort of bird you are shooting at not just the pigoen you can easily get used to shooting so much at say a goose for egsample and your aim changes a bit with something with a neck that is not as long as say a goose or a nother long necked bird

can one of you guys tell me the best way to put the box around someone elses words in my speaking bit please

its the neck of the sort of bird you are shooting at not just the pigoen you can easily get used to shooting so much at say a goose for egsample and your aim changes a bit with something with a neck that is not as long as say a goose or a nother long necked bird

can one of you guys tell me the best way to put the box around someone elses words in my speaking bit please

Like this?

You click the "reply" box next to the statement you want to quote, and then click "Add reply".

Edited by humperdingle

I don't know about measuring the lead by the length of the neck :lol: , I often give a fast crossing bird 6 feet of lead, that's a lot of pigeon necks :lol:

is that 6 feet of lead or 6 ounces of lead :hmm: now you are just confusing matters on purpose <_<

so how many pigeon necks do you use just as a reference ?? ;)

As a general guide. Divide the distance from end of barrel to pigeon by the wind speed in knots. multiply this by the weight of the bird divided by its altitude and pull. If the birds feeding over rape add a correction factor of 1.2. ;) subtract .5 if using 32G of no 6.

Dont worry...I never seem to hit any either. :no:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

As a general guide. Divide the distance from end of barrel to pigeon by the wind speed in knots. multiply this by the weight of the bird divided by its altitude and pull. If the birds feeding over rape add a correction factor of 1.2. ;) subtract .5 if using 32G of no 6.

Dont worry...I never seem to hit any either. :no:

I tend to use triangulation equations...but hey....your system makes sense too.

Ever tried shooting a Giraffe at high speed, **** me I have to use excel quickly.