Mixy

red_stag88

Was at home for a wedding yesteday, and shot some rabbits for the farmer. I shot one big brute who was well into mixy, his eyes sealed and he couldnt hear anything so i put him out of his misery. It was the only one i saw with it, will all of them around now have it? The ones in that warren will certainly have it.

But out of the six I shot only he had it.

shame.

BD, im commin' over to shoot yours now.

;)

I don,t know if there are new strains of this disease (can,t spell it ;) ), but some years ago, it was quite common to find adult rabbits in early Autumn, with bald scarred areas around their eyes, where they had recovered from the disease.

Inter-breeding is supposed to create immunity to diseases and rabbits certainly inter-breed.

I haven,t seen any yet this year, but I think its at its worse, during and after harvest time.

So, there is plenty of time yet. :)

Theres a hell of a lot down here in oxfordshire dad takes the 410 in the tractor now beacause he sees so many of the poor things. He takes them (when there shot) home in a sealed bag and burns them I reckon hes spreading it but he says that way the other rabbits cant come into contact with the rabbit with mixy.

But over the last coupe of years i have shot rabbits that look like they have had mixy and then got over it. Has anyone else seen this.

i have seen this quite often on the farms i shoot as most of the farms are struck every year i think most of the rabbits are becoming immune to it now. but still i shoot rabbits with scaring around the eyes mainly in early winter if i remember right.

were abouts in Leicestershire u from crapshot?