Turbo Flapper??

I was gonna pick up the turbo flapper for my old man for xmas. The general opinion is that they are wortwhile yeah? Where is the best place to buy them from? I know some people do the cheaper imitations but which one is the 'proper' model if that makes sense ???

Thanks in advance for any replies! :good:

A lot of people rate the turbo flappers, but I thought they were rather expensive. I bought a couple of flappers off the Evil Place, and as they came with 6 volt batteries I found them a bit slow. I upgraded them with 12 volt batteries and timers (Still worked out cheaper than buying the Turbo Flapper) and now they flap quick enough, and have a nice random flapping pattern too (Plus they came with flocked decoys) :good:

Ended up costing me about 30.00 a piece, plus about a 10.00 total postage. So total outlay was about 70.00

Edited by Redditch

I brought the A1 decoys one which is suppose to be the original and best , but I have had nothing but trouble with it , it constantly stops working then starts again for a while then not working again ,what annoys me is A1 have shown no desire to sort this problem despite me spending £75 and apart from a initial email where they said they would get back to me have ignored any other effort to reply to my emails.

I brought the A1 decoys one which is suppose to be the original and best , but I have had nothing but trouble with it , it constantly stops working then starts again for a while then not working again ,what annoys me is A1 have shown no desire to sort this problem despite me spending £75 and apart from a initial email where they said they would get back to me have ignored any other effort to reply to my emails.

Does it stop working from a faut, or does it have a timer that switches it on and off ? Random or manual set timer. That would also explain it :hmm:

A1 Decoys are normally very good, but I must admit with it coming upto Christmas their communication system seems to have gone out the window :no:

Edited by Redditch

it goes wrong with or without a timer attached ,if you read old posts several have the same problem but just put up with it , this was playing up in the summer and was only used 2-3 times so nothing to do with a xmas rush.

mine was stopping for long periods i thought it was the random timer, it wasn,t it just kept sticking so needed a tap to get it going again , soon as i got home i just gave it a spray of wd40 inside the working parts problem solved :good:

Thanks for the replies guys! Very mixed reviews. I'm tempted to get the flapper but not if it won't work and especially if the company's service isn't up to scratch :hmm: if it's just a case of a light WD40 then that's fine but if the product is likely to be faulty then it's a lot of money wasted!

I'm not sure which way to go with this one :lol:

A lot of people rate the turbo flappers, but I thought they were rather expensive. I bought a couple of flappers off the Evil Place, and as they came with 6 volt batteries I found them a bit slow. I upgraded them with 12 volt batteries and timers (Still worked out cheaper than buying the Turbo Flapper) and now they flap quick enough, and have a nice random flapping pattern too (Plus they came with flocked decoys) :good:

Ended up costing me about 30.00 a piece, plus about a 10.00 total postage. So total outlay was about 70.00

Evil place??

got two of the flappers. no problems at all with mine , they work, and pull pigeons into the pattern very well :good:

Thanks bud :good: I'll try A1 decoys tomorrow and see if they have any in.

Evil place will most likely be that auction site,(something bay) that everyone uses ;) I don't think you're allowed to post other websites or links due to advertising reason or something.

Cheers again for all the replies!

Thanks bud :good: I'll try A1 decoys tomorrow and see if they have any in.

Evil place will most likely be that auction site,(something bay) that everyone uses ;) I don't think you're allowed to post other websites or links due to advertising reason or something.

Cheers again for all the replies!

AA decoys also do a flaper which looks identical and works very well, comes with a random timer , bit cheaper then A1 , £56 all in :good:

Well I looked on the A1 decoys site and the flapper page says something like "this page is currently being updated". doesn't exactly fill you with optamism :/ I might try AA decoys instead and go for a larger battery as recommended.

ps, do they work well with crows on the flapper or too fast?

cheers!

Why a larger battery, my AAdecoys turbo flapper uses a tiny 12v battery that goes all day. It's only a couple of amps if I recall correctly and much better than humping a magnet battery around :good:

Well I looked on the A1 decoys site and the flapper page says something like "this page is currently being updated". doesn't exactly fill you with optamism :/ I might try AA decoys instead and go for a larger battery as recommended.

ps, do they work well with crows on the flapper or too fast?

cheers!

Why should updating a webpage knock your confidence? Just means they are doing work on it, nothing to do with the company or product.

Also save your money on getting a bigger battery, I use a tiny 1.2amp battery and have never had it run out on me.....

I have been reading with interest the topic on the Turbo flapper and the turbo charged flapper.

I and my husband are very good frends with Rotorcoy.co.uk the company which make the TURBO flapper. There is a difference between the two flappers. The internal workings of the TURBO flapper were tested for over a year before beening sold. The turbo charged flapper has not had this testing. Rotorcoy know this because of the time that A&A flapper has been on the market. After all they have copied the TURBO but not all! ( So who ever buys one takes a chance, and A&A are not offering a return on flee bay ) A&A have tried to copy the Turbo but there are a few parts even A&A are unable to copy. They have even called the A&A flapper the turbo charged. This is only to get you confused on which one to buy. The TURBO was first on the market and has been profesionally painted for all weather's. I have been told that the TUBBO flapper has been upgraded to make it even more realistic to the pigeon. After all Andy Crow man Crow and Mark Gillchrist use and rate the TURBO flapper for its realiablity and pulling power to decoy the pigeons, then it is a good unit.

On the point of any unit not working as it should then give the supplier a ring. I know that A1 will sort out all problems with there goods. I do wonder why people air there suposed problems in this forum and not return the products to the supplier. ie this may,could,mite, be a bit of in house tactics by other interested party's.

Just give Mark or Criss a call at A1 01179374494 and ask them the difference, as you could not deal with two nicer guys :yes:

I have been reading with interest the topic on the Turbo flapper and the turbo charged flapper.

I and my husband are very good frends with Rotorcoy.co.uk the company which make the TURBO flapper. There is a difference between the two flappers. The internal workings of the TURBO flapper were tested for over a year before beening sold. The turbo charged flapper has not had this testing. Rotorcoy know this because of the time that A&A flapper has been on the market. After all they have copied the TURBO but not all! ( So who ever buys one takes a chance, and A&A are not offering a return on flee bay ) A&A have tried to copy the Turbo but there are a few parts even A&A are unable to copy. They have even called the A&A flapper the turbo charged. This is only to get you confused on which one to buy. The TURBO was first on the market and has been profesionally painted for all weather's. I have been told that the TUBBO flapper has been upgraded to make it even more realistic to the pigeon. After all Andy Crow man Crow and Mark Gillchrist use and rate the TURBO flapper for its realiablity and pulling power to decoy the pigeons, then it is a good unit.

On the point of any unit not working as it should then give the supplier a ring. I know that A1 will sort out all problems with there goods. I do wonder why people air there suposed problems in this forum and not return the products to the supplier. ie this may,could,mite, be a bit of in house tactics by other interested party's.

Just give Mark or Criss a call at A1 01179374494 and ask them the difference, as you could not deal with two nicer guys :yes:

It's strange how virtually every post you have ever made on this forum has been to support A1 decoys turbo flapper and smear AA Decoys version.

Is there something you want to tell us :hmm:

Perhaps if you are such good friends you might ask them to answer one of the many emails of complaint I sent them , thats also part of customer service , perhaps if they had I would have no need to give my poor opinion of them, its ok others saying it just needs opening up and oiling , but after paying £80 and using it twice should I really have to if it was made properly in the first place ?, I give my opinion on fact , fact is it does not work as it should and fact is they cannot be bothered to answer emails complaining about it !.

It means nothing that gillchrist and andy crow use them , I wonder how much they paid for them :hmm: about as much as George Digweed pays for gamebore cartridges I would guess :yes:

Edited by fenboy

Perhaps if you are such good friends you might ask them to answer one of the many emails of complaint I sent them , thats also part of customer service , perhaps if they had I would have no need to give my poor opinion of them, its ok others saying it just needs opening up and oiling , but after paying £80 and using it twice should I really have to if it was made properly in the first place ?, I give my opinion on fact , fact is it does not work as it should and fact is they cannot be bothered to answer emails complaining about it !.

It means nothing that gillchrist and andy crow use them , I wonder how much they paid for them :hmm: about as much as George Digweed pays for gamebore cartridges I would guess :yes:

Should have bought an AA one, nearly half the price and much better customer service ;)

Mine works like as dream :yes:

I bought two and have had no problems with them. They have had little use, maybe a dozen outings but i found they brought

the birds in great.

The product in my opinion is worth the £, i've yet to test the suppliers (A1) after service but as we all know this is when they prove there worth.

As said already though, a little pricey.