the future is bright, the future is orange(blazer)

tosspot

be interested as to what you guys think about the state of the future

for UK clayshooting with regards to next crop of youngsters.

i have had the privilege of shooting recently at the same shoot as

Richard Effamy, Sam Mepham and Tom Bury and i must say if these lads are anything to go by

we've got a shed load of success coming this way

on a personal note i would like to say that with Mr Bury you could not wish to meet a finer

ambassador for the sport, a smart, polite and eminently friendly lad who has battled his way to where

he going through damned hard graft

future champions all

i am sure

(Cat you have the advantage here, as i am sure you have witnessed several generations coming through :oops: )

what's the state of affairs in your part o the clundy?

tosspot,

I presume you're referring to a recent shoot at Southdown, where these lads shoot regularly?

I went there last Monday to shoot the Hampshire Sporting Championship, gave a pretty lack-lustre performance by scraping in with a 106 ex 120, 5 adrift of the Big Boy on 111, and 8 adrift of the winners on 114, so not one for the memory book.

I've seen all 3 of these lads shoot, and yes, they are damn fine shots already, but I must sound a note of caution, as I've seen any number of young lads in their early to mid teens looking like Olympic Champions in the making, entirely focussed on the sport, and nothing else, until one day they discover the dreaded GIRLS & BEER..!!

In my experience that's the biggest potential threat to their future success, but many simply fade away into obscurity in their late teens / early twenties.

I never had that problem, as I didn't start serious clay shooting until my late twenties, and it was already too late for me, as I was already married..!!

Cat.