acceptable places to put a gun cabinet

storme37

My cabinets are under the stairs, layed down and bolted to concrete floor, because it's a new house, none of the walls are 'solid'. The only other places available to me were the loft and the garage, damp could be a problem in both cases, and i really couldn't be bothered to climb into the loft everytime...

All the best dude

Rich

The only stipulation is that it is out of view of the casual caller . It can be internal or external wall as long as its securely fixed .

There are lots of different types of fixing from large rawl plugs , wedge anchors and chemical fixings .

So you can fix it pretty much where ever you have space .

I've got mine on my narrow boat in the middle of the lounge so I made a cabinet with a removable door co cover it from view

If any feo tells you it's not suitable ask him to point out his findings in writing . They can only guide you

There are no laws that say how or where . They only say why

As above ... Im in a new build house as well, but have it in the corner of my box room upstairs against one of the external walls ... with pretty long bolts to make sure I got well into the breezeblock/brick so it was secure.

If I hadnt done that I would have followed englishman-in-wales route ... Seems to be a common setup for newbuilds.

My cabinets are under the stairs, layed down and bolted to concrete floor, because it's a new house, none of the walls are 'solid'. The only other places available to me were the loft and the garage, damp could be a problem in both cases, and i really couldn't be bothered to climb into the loft everytime...

All the best dude

Rich

I may look to do something similar in the future, is there a standard floor depth before DPC? I'm worried about breaking the DPC.

I may look to do something similar in the future, is there a standard floor depth before DPC? I'm worried about breaking the DPC.

I was told by the feo that its around 2" before you hit the DPC, to be honest, a builder friend fitted the cabinet for me, you could always drill a small 'test' hole first.. :good:

I have mine haning from a 50ft flagpole, i keep the keys in a safebox in china and the number pad requires a new code using decription software entering every 5mins or it locks down and goes into self destruct.

On a serious note, if my best m8 asked me where mine was i wouldnt tell him so why should you tell everyone on a public forum?

On a serious note, if my best m8 asked me where mine was i wouldnt tell him so why should you tell everyone on a public forum?

Paranoid?

No one here knows my name, the only information on the forum is that I live in West Sussex.

My gun is in my bedroom wardrobe bolted to a wall.

I'd be very impressed if anyone that reads this can find my house on that info, so much so that if they do they can have the gun :lol: