Does it get any fresher than this!!

Stratts

Braved the elements for an hour earlier and bagged a couple of woodies and a nice sized bunny. Started hammering down so no before pic but here they are ready for the pot an hour later :good:

2 lovely crowns and rabbit liver ready to make my pigeon pate for xmas day.

Think the bunny is destined for a big old pie with winter veg off my allotment.

And to think so many people turn their noses up at fresh game and would rather spend silly money on tasteless battery farmed rubbish!! :no:

post-24909-0-93057100-1323729848.jpg

in this months sporting gun on back page, there is a peice about rabbit and pigeon meat, says somthing in these two meats thats very good for your sex life, and as good as viarga, if eaten in modderation, dont over do on eatting this kind of meat for too long mate or we wont hear from you till june :good::lol:

Edited by browning n spaniel

in this months sporting shooter on back page, there a peice about rabbit and pigeon meat, says somthing in these two meats thats very good for your sex life, and as good as viarga, if eaten in modderation, dont over do on eatting this kind of me for too long mate or we wont hear from you till june :good::lol:

Pah I've got more chance of using the carcass than getting near the enemy :oops:

Was only talking about goose at work today something I've never tried mate. Hope to soon enough but I aint paying through the nose for one :no:

What are you planning on shooting one with and where?

I plan to shoot one whilst fowling with my trusty shotgun. Saw a few this morning but they passed wide.......as usual !! :good:

Any chance of a recipe for the terrine please as i have a few bits and pieces in freezer that i don't know what to do with.

Cheers

Outlander

This is the best I can do,,, please add if you wish to

Ingredients

2 boneless rabbit (Smoked if possible then process the meat fine )

300 g Rabbit livers and and kidney mince chunky uncooked

3 Pigeon crowns

300 g sausages or belly pork , your own choice

1 tbsp chopped thyme, leaves only

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1 lemon, grated zest and juice

Good smoked streaky bacon

sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

1. Place the cooked smoked rabbit and the uncooked chopped livers / kidneys belly pork or Sausages together and add the thyme, garlic, lemon and seasoning

3. Preheat the oven to gas 2. Line a terrine mould or loaf tin with lightly oiled kitchen foil and lay the bacon rashers on the bottom and sides over lapping so that you can fold over onto the top.

Spoon in the finely smoked rabbit / Liver & Kidneys mixture only half way then add some more bacon seat the pigeon crowns thick cut in the middle add some more bacon then cover with the rest of the mix

finish with the bacon folding over the top pour some olive oil and wrap with the kitchen foil.

Cover with a lid and place the terrine in a roasting pan of water. Bake for 90 minutes. then for 20 minutes at number gas 5

4. Remove the terrine from the oven and take off the lid. Cover the rabbit with a plate and a weight so that the the meat is compressed. Leave for 24 hours before eating.

CP

And to think so many people turn their noses up at fresh game and would rather spend silly money on tasteless battery farmed rubbish!! :no:

post-24909-0-93057100-1323729848.jpg

No such thing as battery farmed in the UK. Egg's are all now in enriched areas due to legislation brought in at European level and table birds have never been keps in batterys.

Still - I do like a bit of game. But at 30p/cartridge I need to hit something within about 10 shots to make it worth my cost and that never happens! :lol: