Gobby teen ejected from train by fellow passenger

Doc Holliday

A bully is someone who picks on an innocent victim. This lad was far from innocent as he hadn't paid for a ticket and wasn't going to get off when spotted.

Not right - a bully is someone who picks on someone he believes has no chance of beating him. I think that fits the "big man" to a tee.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness I don't think many of us would stand up to people we didn't think we'd stand a chance against physically, some would but in the real world they're few and far between (the granny against the jewellery robbers immediately springs to mind).

I travel in and out of London every day using trains, tubes and the DLR. It's amazing what I've witnessed over the years and shocking what people get away with. Usually it's youths being gobby/aggressive safe in the knowledge no one will challenge their behaviour, and they're rarely wrong.

Not right - a bully is someone who picks on someone he believes has no chance of beating him. I think that fits the "big man" to a tee.

Did he 'pick on' the fare dodger or did he enforce the guard's request?

From what I remember of the clip he was facing the other way before he got up so he didn't know who he

was going to face.

Nial.

The Daily Mail article is pretty good:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073929/Big-Man-Alan-Pollock-threw-fare-dodger-Sam-Main-train-defended-father.html

Interestingly what the fare dodger says about his tickets makes no sense.

Finally I've never had the need to repeatedly swear at anyone trying to do their job, ticket inspector or not.

I care even less now.....

Big man is being charged with assult

Train hero link

Considering also charging gobby little **** with trespass

Gobby little **** should be charged with at least affray... but, I really don't think plod had any other option but to charge him... It doesn't matter what we think, or the rest of the country thinks... IN THE EYES OF THE LAW, what 'Big Man' did was wrong, plain and simple.. The law is there to protect all of us and if he'd been allowed to get away with it it would have sent a VERY dangerous message out to the wanabee vigilantes of this world!

Big man is being charged with assult

Train hero link

Considering also charging gobby little **** with trespass

the big man will get a hefty fine, and the fare dodger will have his tresspass charge thrown out. I do understand the frustration with this, but trust me, he shouldnt have laid a finger on him. Moraly, he should have been able to pick him up by his nose and sling him off the train, but the law says different. There are too many laws that can bite you in the *** these days. I really do know what im on about, trust me.

The reason he is getting charged is because of the dope who put clip on Utube - mobile phones should be banned.

We got along ok with pagers.

Dave

That's a point... 'Big Guy' would have remained hero of the day and no one would have been any the wiser!

Gordon R, on 21 December 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

MM - I agree. The student is nothing less than a disgrace, but I suspect he will come out of this the better of the two.

Life is not always fair - no pun intended.

Now that would have been really clever if you'd spelt it 'fare'

Vipa - my original posted read

The student is nothing less than a disgrace, but I suspect he would fare the better of the two.

Life is not always fair,

It wasn't deliberate, but looked OTT when I read it back.

Edited by Gordon R

Let's hope they take positive action against the youth too.

Section 16 Railway Regulation Act 1840: it is an offence to wilfully trespass on any railway or premises connected therewith and to refuse to leave when asked to do so by any officer or agent of the railway company. 'Wilfulness' can be proved by the refusal to leave. The offence is punishable by one month's imprisonment.

The video also provides evidence of his refusal to leave :yes: But then that wouldn't be in the public interest would it?

Edited by Bagsy

Mungler - I was tempted to say a man in your profession would know that a decent QC would need hundreds and more persons of your ilk.

I tried my best to find a support site and came up with this.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-the-Arrest-and-Prosecution-of-Alan-Pollock/337208076305559

I will admit to being shocked that you were almost right. Now that site is weird.

Edited by Gordon R

Not sure of Scottish law, but in England the National Crime Recording Standards (NCRS) dictate that anyone can make a complaint. It doesn't have to be the 'victim'. Once the complaint has been made the police have no option but to procede with an enquiry. Unfortunately this guy is bang to rights for assault even if the complainant withdraws. Unless, the video evidence can be undermined that is. As Mungler says, he's in need of a good lawyer and I'll gladly tip in a bit to help his costs.

The guy who broadcast this hasn't done the big guy any favours.

NCRS is responsible for a lot of unnecessary court cases and is the single most reason why the police haven't got time to chase real criminals. They are too busy dealing with 'crimes' such as "He called me a t**t on Facebook" and "My mate has nicked my mobile. Well, I said he could borrow it but he hasn't given me it back" and all thr numpties who get thrown out of nightclubs, report an assault then once sober won't co-operate with the police to get the 'crime' dropped.

This whole situation is about RESPECT.

The fare dodger didn't show any respect to the conductor or his fellow passengers - that his father chose to defend him rather than demand he apologise for his actions doesn't reflect well on him or his family.

Several of the posters on this page also do not respect that some other posters may have a different point of view from theirs.

Although I admit that Mr Pollock appears to have assaulted the fare dodger, I would much rather live in a country where individuals who do the decent thing are applauded rather than prosecuted.

Tak a look at the gobby little teen's own Facebook page and it tells you all you need to know about him and his mates, boasting about the whole business on there and all saying how he should have fought back along with how he likes to use weed, says it all really