Remington Hypersonic Steel and other US loads

I think the closest we can get over here at the moment is the remmington Hi Speed Steel. Which i think is around 1450ish fps?

I hope we eventually can, the Americans seem to have been using them for years using the same guns as we do over here. I dont think there would be much of an issue with proofing. There is probably some government guideline somewhere that wont allow shotgun ammo to be over a certain FPS?

I cant see it happening at all, or not for the near future anyway :(

I think the closest we can get over here at the moment is the remmington Hi Speed Steel. Which i think is around 1450ish fps?

I hope we eventually can, the Americans seem to have been using them for years using the same guns as we do over here. I dont think there would be much of an issue with proofing. There is probably some government guideline somewhere that wont allow shotgun ammo to be over a certain FPS?

I cant see it happening at all, or not for the near future anyway :(

It would be much easier if we had super fast steel, think the fastest remmy shot we get is the nitro steel which is up to 1550fps

It's not a governmental thing, it's due to the restrictions imposed upon steel shot by the CIP. The yanks use the SAAMI system, which sets limits on the maximum average chamber pressure for firearms. For shotguns that is 115'000 PSI for chamber lengths up to 3" and 140'000 PSI for 3.5" chambers. With SAAMI there is no limit on velocity or shot size. With CIP regulations, shot size, maximum velocity and maximum chamber pressure are set limits.

Shot size limit= 3.25mm standard, no limit high performance

Velocity limit= 1310 fps standard, 1410 fps high performance

Max pellet energy= 12N standard, 15N HP 70mm chamber, 17.5N HP 73mm+ chamber

And that's why we can't have nice things :angry:

Read List:

CIP specification

SAAMI specification

shot shot, Maxus owner, engineering student

Is there a "one stop shop" where I could buy all the components and a good recipe? I've got a lee press I bought off here, it only does up to 3" unfortunately, but I'd like to load some fast 3" steel loads in #2 and BB for duck and geese.

I have been loading a nice fast steel 3" shell with new cases, cx2000 primer, 39 grains CSBO, LBC48 wad and 37 grams of steel with an RTO and a frangible disc closure. A very easy shell to load and patterns superbly at range with a terror choke> I have recipes for the above with up to 44 grainns of CSBO but 39 is fine for me

All components are easily sourced and will give a better shell than you can buy in this country

REgards

Graham

Edited by roughshooter