Anyone know of a shop in the North West that sells neoprene dog vests?

Paul@Ribchester

Afternoon all,

As stated in the title I am looking for somewhere close to Preston where I can buy a neoprene vest for my Labrador. While out picking ducks up the other week I noticed that during quiet spells she was shivering. She is working hard at the moment and not carrying any excess fat so I want to do my best for her and keep her warm.

I have seen lots on evilbay etc but wanted one for this coming Saturday.

Any help appreciated. Paul.

Morning Matt, the one I'm after is out of stock unfortunately and there is no way it would be delivered by tomorrow. Cracking site though and unbeatable prices, I will be using it in future.

Just found this place entwistleguns.com/ which is 15 minutes away from me and they have them in stock. About a tenner more than where you recommended.....!

At least my dog will be warm picking up ducks tomorrow........

Thanks for your help, Paul.

Morning Matt, the one I'm after is out of stock unfortunately and there is no way it would be delivered by tomorrow. Cracking site though and unbeatable prices, I will be using it in future.

Just found this place entwistleguns.com/ which is 15 minutes away from me and they have them in stock. About a tenner more than where you recommended.....!

At least my dog will be warm picking up ducks tomorrow........

Thanks for your help, Paul.

Give a thought to the fleece products by Equafleece.co.uk in devon - obviously no good for a dog to wear whilst going in the water but great for wicking the moisture from their fur afterward !

Hi

I must second Gundoggear. I recieved an Avery dog parka from them yesterday & found the service & prices to be first class. I would recommend their site to everone with a working dog. There will be something on there that you need, so treat your dog this Christmas!!

Ill third them brounght £££s of stuff from there top prices and service

Afternoon all,

As stated in the title I am looking for somewhere close to Preston where I can buy a neoprene vest for my Labrador. While out picking ducks up the other week I noticed that during quiet spells she was shivering.

I should have added they shiver to keep warm - not because they are cold - a lab with a good double coat will not feel the cold even on the coldest morning flight on the 'shore - their coat will keep them warm and dry.

A neoprene jacket just keeps the owner happy not the dog :lol: - plus you run the risk of something catching in it and trapping the dog out in the water.

An Equifleece jumper to put on them for the drive home, will have them warm and dry before you get home - well worth the money, look after their joints for the long term.

Mike

I should have added they shiver to keep warm - not because they are cold - a lab with a good double coat will not feel the cold even on the coldest morning flight on the 'shore - their coat will keep them warm and dry.

A neoprene jacket just keeps the owner happy not the dog :lol: - plus you run the risk of something catching in it and trapping the dog out in the water.

An Equifleece jumper to put on them for the drive home, will have them warm and dry before you get home - well worth the money, look after their joints for the long term.

Mike

I think once the body drops to a certain temperature and shivering kicks in, you can say with some certainty that the body is cold.IMO