Jack Pyke boots

2bangs

Hi all, I'm after a new pair of boots, limited budget so I've decided to get a pair of Jack Pyke Countryman boots, before I do get them I thought I would ask if anyone has any opinions on these, good or bad ? they seem a good solid boot and at a good price too.

post-19772-0-81755800-1323976267.jpg

Mine fell apart after wearing them about 6 or 7 times for beating in. Not really waterproof, ok in wet grass, but that's about it. I don't rate the Jack Pyke stuff at all, I had a pair of gaiters that more or less fell apart on the first outing. If I were you I'd look at getting a pair of good, second hand Meindl boots instead for the same money as the Jack Pyke boots.

I've got them, absolute pap. Comfy boot but waterproofing gave up after one season and 7 days beating.

Also I won't do the wellies by jack pyke again. I bought them at the same time as the boots to replace my trusty aigles which lasted 7 years, I was talked into it by the woman because they were half the price. The soles are bald already, 1.5 seasons use.

It's a false economy, I'm off for more aigles. As they say buy cheap, buy twice ( or 4.5 times for the 1.5yrs against the 7 the aigles did me.

Not all the jack pyke gear is junk though, the hunter jacket and trousers are great.