morning with the big bores

aister

What an amazing gun, I have only seen a photograph of one other double 4bore and thats in my copy of The Wildfowler in the 60s , that gun had a detachable stock for using as a punt gun. Most interesting your gun is hammerless, has anyone asked you what make it is yet? Of course and well done for a brilliant mornings sport.

Blackpowder

Great to see them being used rather than looking pretty on wall!

Just out of interest, what do you reckon the highest bird a 4 could pluck down?

the owner of the gun shot at geese getting up out of a park and he hit one in another bunch behind the ones he fired at, it fell dead and he paced it out at 150 yards. i would not fire at geese at that range but it just shows how far away it can kill.

What an amazing gun, I have only seen a photograph of one other double 4bore and thats in my copy of The Wildfowler in the 60s , that gun had a detachable stock for using as a punt gun. Most interesting your gun is hammerless, has anyone asked you what make it is yet? Of course and well done for a brilliant mornings sport.

Blackpowder

the 8 is a tolley and the 4 is an F T Baker, glasshouse street, london. it has 4" chambers and takes a 4oz load of AAA or BB

Edited by aister