New year walk 1 stand 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee sorry about your dog and day mate.

Not defending anything as I was not there.

But I took x4 early days there and they were good, the season before I took x2 early days and they were brilliant, though always a little confused or un-organised, you can look the other way if they produce the expected bag or more.

Again really sorry you guys about your day.

If anyone would risk it make sure you go before mid dec.

We shot on our second walk and stand at home today and had 93 for 346 shots.

They are always sold out (its dead mans boots)and this is on proper drives the syndicate were using during the season.

Look on the bright side Lee/Dan the lads are not blaming you.

Kind regards John.

p.s. ring me mate you can have one of my lab pups at mate rates if it helps.

Edited by yds

First shoots we had there where fine and fully agree with John.

As for yesterday I was told there was 7 new drives and not 1 was new!!! Was not just the drive issue it was things that happen towards the end. But as I've already said and will repeat to say I am sorry about the whole day guy.

Thank you all again for comments as regards to Jett.

And John I'll give you a call in the week cheers bud

There is NO keeper on this shoot.

Kevin runs the beating line.

Whinnie feeds the birds and is the shoot agent/owner.

He has or never will be a keeper.

I know him personlly and worked full time for him(2 years) as a keeper on a commercial shoot he ran many years ago.

He is a nice chap but is NO keeper.

Just because there is a shoot doesn't mean it has to have a keeper.

Nor will he have run lees dog over on purpose and accidents do happen.

I'm sorry the day went wrong.

WHINNY/KEVIN are NOT gamekeepers and anyone who is/was will be ofended at the thought they are.(they don't claim to be)

There is NO keeper on this shoot.

Kevin runs the beating line.

Whinnie feeds the birds and is the shoot agent/owner.

He has or never will be a keeper.

I know him personlly and worked full time for him(2 years) as a keeper on a commercial shoot he ran many years ago.

He is a nice chap but is NO keeper.

Just because there is a shoot doesn't mean it has to have a keeper.

Nor will he have run lees dog over on purpose and accidents do happen.

I'm sorry the day went wrong.

WHINNY/KEVIN are NOT gamekeepers and anyone who is/was will be ofended at the thought they are.(they don't claim to be)

Nobody is saying that he ran the dog over on purpose (who would do that?) of course it was an accident but this does not take away from the fact that he was going too fast. So if niether of them are the gamekeeper who looks after the birds? If you put birds down and look after them surely it makes you the keeper of said game?? Even if only part time its still a gamekeepers job all the same.

Nobody is saying that he ran the dog over on purpose (who would do that?) of course it was an accident but this does not take away from the fact that he was going too fast. So if niether of them are the gamekeeper who looks after the birds? If you put birds down and look after them surely it makes you the keeper of said game?? Even if only part time its still a gamekeepers job all the same.

Not at all a gamekeepers duties go far beyond just feeding birds.

If I grow flowers in the garden does that make me bee keeper? NO, if I mend a dripping tap does it make me a plumber? NO

I would prefer to call him a shoot manager or agent. Throwing birds out onto a shoot and chucking corn around does not make him a gamekeeper, ask him yourself when you see him next.

The answer is in your own question, they are hardly looked after, when did you last see a pheasant release pen on there? they re simply let out of crates in the summer and take there chances, hardly keepering.

This place sounds right nightmare! keeper/sporting agent roars about in his truckon shoot day,birds not looked after, drives not been shot but have been. sounds like a good place to avoid any time of the season to me. What happened with the duck flight which was so bad?

cheers john

This place sounds right nightmare! keeper/sporting agent roars about in his truckon shoot day,birds not looked after, drives not been shot but have been. sounds like a good place to avoid any time of the season to me. What happened with the duck flight which was so bad?

cheers john

Not as bad as it sounds, but as said there is NO keeper, they just turn out and feed. Works better then it sounds early on but because its not keepered propley the shooting runs off as the season gets on. Thats the point i'm making they are NOT gamekeepers.

Good fun, but shoot it early.

Edited by yds

or does he rely on his neighbours birds wandering on to his land?

all his own birds but as said there is no GAME KEEPER on the land i no i shoot the pest on there land so if you got any problems ring winstan him self and talk to the man instead of pulling him or his shoot down :good:

Edited by martyn2233

Not as bad as it sounds, but as said there is NO keeper, they just turn out and feed.

Don't make me laugh, every feeder i came into contact with on the day was either empty or on it's side so clearly they don't turn out and feed either. There never was any hope of shooting the bag and it's rediculous to have offered (taken a booking from a goup for) such a day knowing that there were virtually zero birds on the land. It's tantamount to complete fraud. I have to say I couldn't even bring myself to speak to the man at the end of the day, i would have struggled to be civil :no: .

I have been shooting on and off for nigh on 30 years, been part time keepering for a good few years and i have honestly never seen anything like it. If it had been my shoot i would have been absolutely mortified, myself and a good few others didn't even get their guns into their shoulders much less have anything shootable presented over them. I really hope the guy is losing some sleep (and customers) over this, i certainly lost a bit of sleep a good tankfull of diesel and wasted a day of my life whitnessing this ****.

Lets just re cap, a walk 1 stand 1 with an estimated bag of 60-80 covering new drives on unshot ground. We didn't see 60-80 birds near us all day let alone get a chance to shoot at them and we went to precicely zero new drives. As for lining the guns out and haring around the field in an L200 and then getting the guns back in their vehicle for the next drive, well lets just say i have never seen the like before.

It's just a good job our team realised we were on a hiding to nothing when we stopped for lunch at 11:30, we could at least look at the funny side on the day and it (just) stopped us lynching someone.

I think it's probably about time to draw a line under this now before it starts getting silly, I for one want to forget the whole sorry mess.

Edit to mention that when i text a mate at the early lunch stop that the bag was 6 and a spaniel he riped the **** out of me all afternoon by return and everyone on the shoot i went to on the next day had heard and ripped me mercilessly all day. So i had two days of it to put up with. No doubt when i shoot on Saturday, all those guys will have heard about it too. It's gonna be a never ending nightmare....

Edited by Sprinter

Well like I said I have taken 6 days in the past all early season and the bag was made on all the days with ease.

I will book my team in again next season but the dates will be early.

Like I said sorry about your ordeal and wasted time,but I am not getting involved in a **** up I was not involved in.

The shoot and ground have always provided my team with good days but always before the end of nov.

Sorry again, and regards john

Edited by yds