catton hall 27th dec

yickdaz

The classification history on the CPSA site goes back to Issue 35, which was 2007/2008, when you were A Class.

You shot registered events in A Class, through issues 35, 36 and 37, then stopped. You have never been in B Class since Issue 35.

The old fella has never been in C Class or any other class.

It's on the website for you and anybody else to see.

It's just a pity that Catton Hall can't be bothered to use the information on there.

so i was in b class

find it interesting that you don,t even know my name or even worse go through my cpsa history which i can,t even be ***** about because i don,t shoot registered comps or haven,t for 4 years i,m sure you will put me right on that score as well, but i will have a look now out of curiosity.

so i was in b class

find it interesting that you don,t even know my name or even worse go through my cpsa history which i can,t even be ***** about because i don,t shoot registered comps or haven,t for 4 years i,m sure you will put me right on that score as well, but i will have a look now out of curiosity.

No, like I said, you have NOT been in B class in or since Issue 35 (2007/2008)

And of course, your name is all over the results page on the Catton Hall website :rolleyes:

And anybody on the planet can go through history on the CPSA website, you don't even need to be a CPSA member :sly:

Edited by Chard

so i was in b class

i think someones been smoking some A class gear.

Edited by SPARKIE

I would like to thank Chard & Mr. Potter for highlighting this ridiculous situation.

If Chard's information is correct, and I have no reason to doubt him, then Yickdaz will obviously be giving the prize money back to Catton Hall for them to award correctly.

It is my contention that if you are unclassified you should enter as an AA class and shoot until you have done enough registered shoots to be fairly classified.

In the normal state of affairs, to take something that is not rightly yours is thieving in my book, not sandbagging.

well i,m not gonna hide from what beens said, i had a look meself at the classification and it does say A class, but from a (genuine mistake)and oversight i shot in the wrong class and the right thing to do would be to give the money back so i will get on to that and sort it out, at least i had the balls to admit when i,m wrong on a public forum.

Tomorrow will also be interesting, as Hodnet (I believe) is also unregistered. :hmm:

Unlike Catton Hall, there is half-decent money on offer and I'll be looking out for this tomorrow and I will kick off like a mad **** if it happens there :lol:

This is why I'm reluctant to enter unregistered competitions. Unfortunately, some of the best comps in the country are unregistered, such as Essex Masters, Clay Shooting Classic, Hodnet Challenge etc and there are always dubious classifications knocking around. Unfortunately, the grounds and organisers don't give a ******* toss, as they've got the money, they pay out the prizes and they're not much bothered who gets it <_<

Not saying it can't happen in registered comps, but it flags up like a beacon, because the results are there for all to see on the CPSA site :sly:

Chard [CPSA - A Class, Open - C Class :sly: ]

Can't agree with your statement "Unlike Catton Hall, there is half-decent money on offer" Chard. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but it sounded like a critisism of CH's prize structure.

Unlike Catton Hall I don't think there is a birds only option at Hodnet so all entrants will be in the competition. How much of the entry fee goes into the pot I don't know but assume it is a fiver and there are 250 entries there should be a prize pot of £1,250. More than enough there for a very generous payout to the HG and in the classes. (Just checked the website, no BO option and a £1,000 prize fund) Catton Hall on the other hand is a fiver cheaper, the same number of stands, 14, but on talking to the owners in the past I know that usually at least half the entries are birds only at £25 a go and that's for both registered and open events. They also pay £125 HG and a fixed amount in the classes irrespective of the competition entry. I think Shugborough also has a disproportionately high number of "birds only" entries, whether this is a recession thing I don't know but it is a fact.

I remember there being some discussion last year as to the level of payout at Hodnet, I'm not going to comment as I don't know what it was (I was someway off the money :lol::lol: ) but Catton Hall have obviously not got their un-classified entries right but it is unfair to criticize their payouts. There are very few grounds that get that right and that subject has been done to death over the years, my view is that the prize fund should be transparent, lets see who or how many are in the pot, value of the prize fund and how it's to be distributed, it's not difficult but so few grounds do it. But word of warning, put 10 shooters in a cabin, discuss prize money and you'll end up with 9 different opinions (one of them won't have understood the question and will agree with the best shot!!)

Potter

Well I was there, ending up the lowest scoring AA shot, on the worst score they have ever seen :yes: a superb 61 :D

Mind you, I only had one good leg, so I was probably the highest scoring one-legged shooter. :P

So glad I shot birds only..